Formula 1, Moto GP, WSB, 2021 Season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It suggests this may be his last season and does not want a longer commitment. My mobile phone contract comment was a light heated why of suggesting this is a relatively short contract given the long established relationship between Mercedes and Lewis.
I hope this clarifies my comment in a way you can understand, but please feel free to request further clarification if needed.

It suggests this may be his last season and does not want a longer commitment. My mobile phone contract comment was a light heated why of suggesting this is a relatively short contract given the long established relationship between Mercedes and Lewis.
I hope this clarifies my comment in a way you can understand, but please feel free to request further clarification if needed.
Thanks... 🤣

Who has the option, MB or LH? Or both?

Lewis' contract ✍️ is shorter than my mobile phone contract ... :oops:

I'm struggling to read what's going on.
All of last year I was convinced MB F1 would want to quit on a high after Hamilton's eighth WDC (and TW's talk of leaving confirmed this IMO - as did the increasing interest in (nee) Racing Point to the point I expected it to be a surrogate MB team and MB continuing as engine suppliers only). Then there was talk of four year contracts - now back to one year. At the risk of sounding Gaye, what's going on?

All of last year I was convinced MB F1 would want to quit on a high after Hamilton's eighth WDC (and TW's talk of leaving confirmed this IMO - as did the increasing interest in (nee) Racing Point to the point I expected it to be a surrogate MB team and MB continuing as engine suppliers only). Then there was talk of four year contracts - now back to one year. At the risk of sounding Gaye, what's going on?
My guess would be, both sides want options .. Ham wants option for extreme-E, Tommy Hilfiger involvement and the many others things he wants to achieve outside of F1 and Mercedes want option to bring in new blood, maybe Russel or ??? for 2022 and new regs/cars.
I think it's fairly clear that the Merc/Ham partnership will prob end this year, 8th championship perhaps achieved, history perhaps re written and prior to new 2022 regs. IMHO.

Could be that Merc/Ham come out all guns blazing for last year together and aim for clean sweep, their goal being to win every race and lay down the gauntlet for the future champs like Ver. Lec and Russ etc to beat.

Better than hearing it through the grapevine I suppose.

I would love to see that but with No team rules it spoils any race,please move over because X has a few more points imo not really racing 😉

Could be that Merc/Ham come out all guns blazing for last year together and aim for clean sweep, their goal being to win every race and lay down the gauntlet for the future champs like Ver. Lec and Russ etc to beat.

I suspect that's the aim every season.

There has to come a point when MB are beaten. Will they stay until that happens (and beyond) - or quit on a glorious high (LH the most WDCs, MB eight straight WCCs)?

My guess would be, both sides want options .. Ham wants option for extreme-E, Tommy Hilfiger involvement and the many others things he wants to achieve outside of F1 and Mercedes want option to bring in new blood, maybe Russel or ??? for 2022 and new regs/cars.
I think it's fairly clear that the Merc/Ham partnership will prob end this year, 8th championship perhaps achieved, history perhaps re written and prior to new 2022 regs. IMHO.
With Lewis on a one-year deal, Lewis, Valteri and George are all out of contract at the end of ‘21 (I think). Plus, ahead of the Red Bill deal, Sergio said he has a drive for ‘22... So maybe the music will start to play as we near the end of the ‘21 season.

With Lewis on a one-year deal, Lewis, Valteri and George are all out of contract at the end of ‘21 (I think). Plus, ahead of the Red Bill deal, Sergio said he has a drive for ‘22... So maybe the music will start to play as we near the end of the ‘21 season.
I wonder what tune it will be ? ... 🤔 Fleetwood Mac .. The Chain maybe .. :cool: 🏁

If Lewis wins this year, I think he will retire from F1. The driver's cost cap will probably be in for 2022 along with the new regs. This along with reduced wind tunnel time could help others catch up or even overtake MB.

I think Russell will be in the Mercedes in 2022. Question is, who will be along side him?

I don't like cheats , but it was bluddy clever.

View attachment 108608
Yes, it was very clever and it took a long time to be discovered as it was very close to invisible. They were eventually 'banged to rights' by simple physics when the competition measured the acceleration times on stages with the regulation weights and power, and smelled a rat.
The plea that such a beautifully engineered part was unknown by anyone outside the confines of the workshop fell on deaf ears.
I was running the Toyota BTTC cars at the time from Norfolk and TTE became known as 'Two Turbos Enlarged' in house.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I suspect this is the right solution for both sides.
Mercedes need to see that Lewis is still 100% focused after whatever happens this year.
Lewis will want to see that Mercedes has maintained it's advantage into the new 2022 regs.
If the stars align, it could be Lewis on top for years to come.
If not, others will get opportunities. No team will succeed if there is not 100% commitment from both sides.

Well new rules being voted on this Thursday seems F1 have come up with sprints as well as qualifying and extra half points to be awarded at three races this season,I think the silly season has started already,my suggestion is that all the drivers fight each other last man standing gets pole,or each driver has to run to his car from a measured distance and that time is added to the qualifying time,well if F1 are going to mess about lets go the whole hog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom