Formula 1, Moto GP, WSB, 2021 Season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok this may be a senior moment but on the Portugal F1 podium we had LH winning and collecting the big cup and the national anthem was played,now I was going out but others were watching it,as I exited I think they played the german anthem for MV who is dutch/belgium,could some kind soul play the podium of that race and prove me right or wrong,it could be I have to take more medication.

Ok this may be a senior moment but on the Portugal F1 podium we had LH winning and collecting the big cup and the national anthem was played,now I was going out but others were watching it,as I exited I think they played the german anthem for MV who is dutch/belgium,could some kind soul play the podium of that race and prove me right or wrong,it could be I have to take more medication.
Wouldn’t it have been the winning driver’s national anthem followed by the winning manufacturer’s national anthem (German for Mercedes)?

Try the extra medication.

Bold move by the World Champions but with Lewis as a driver, they had full confidence. Bono telling Lewis 'you've done it before' was brilliant, just reminding him that the win was there (as if he needed reminding lol). Lewis did well throughout the first part to keep behind Max in the dirty air.

Another not so great day for Bottas. Looks like he didn't do Lewis any favours

Bold move by the World Champions but with Lewis as a driver, they had full confidence. Bono telling Lewis 'you've done it before' was brilliant, just reminding him that the win was there (as if he needed reminding lol). Lewis did well throughout the first part to keep behind Max in the dirty air.

Another not so great day for Bottas. Looks like he didn't do Lewis any favours
That really was a bold move by the team. Claw back 23secs in as many laps??!
It’s something I may well have asked Martin Brundle to do in a Silk Cut Jaguar, but with a 40 lap stint ahead of him....👍
But Lewis and Mercedes are on a different level now. Driver and team in perfect harmony 😎

I agree Red Bull are on the pace but MB made a amazing call,and MV's people let him down he had to come in as well,I thought that track was the best chance Red Bull had of winning in the early part of the season,well done Lewis,you can see the spirit in the MB team with Lewis saying great 20 odd seconds behind with new tyres

I think Bottas may well be in for a slapped wrist.
You may well be right. He made it clear in his interview that he was focused on his own race and could have let Lewis by earlier but chose not to. By the time Lewis got by, the gap to Max had increased by two seconds. A truculent team-mate is not helpful to team objectives.

You may well be right. He made it clear in his interview that he was focused on his own race and could have let Lewis by earlier but chose not to. By the time Lewis got by, the gap to Max had increased by two seconds. A truculent team-mate is not helpful to team objectives.

Maybe there is more than a bit of truth to the rumour about mid season replacement.

Maybe there is more than a bit of truth to the rumour about mid season replacement.
We currently have the two very best drivers in the world fighting for the championship. They have helped move each other on to a higher level.
As much as both Mercedes and Red Bull would like stronger support from their team mates, and despite how good both Bottas and Perez are, there are no other drivers in F1 who can consistently maintain the pace of those top two.
Yes, there are are a few who can deliver on their day and there are some very quick youngsters, but none who deliver every race like Lewis and Max do.

Despite appearances, I think VB was quite rattled by Russell’s performance in the car last year and now by this mid-season eviction rumour. He is trying to ‘prove’ himself to the critics. Unfortunately for him, jeopardising the team result by ‘being tough’ on Hamilton isn’t going to help his position at all.

Despite appearances, I think VB was quite rattled by Russell’s performance in the car last year and now by this mid-season eviction rumour. He is trying to ‘prove’ himself to the critics. Unfortunately for him, jeopardising the team result by ‘being tough’ on Hamilton isn’t going to help his position at all.
Perhaps what he was doing was helping Lewis by giving him a bit of practice at overtaking before heading off to try to overtake Max. Nah, I don’t believe that either.

I've posted it before but it bears repeating; Hamilton is very good at wearing out other drivers' tyres.

And that was being in the car behind rather than in front! It was amazing to watch him follow so close for so long. Although Horner has said the Red Bull seems to be harder on it's tyres, the Mercedes has always been bad in the wake of another car. To keep within 1-1.5 seconds and still have some tyres was some performance.

And that was being in the car behind rather than in front! It was amazing to watch him follow so close for so long. Although Horner has said the Red Bull seems to be harder on it's tyres, the Mercedes has always been bad in the wake of another car.
What seemed to be the case earlier in the season is now confirmed - the Mercedes is kinder to its tyres. The flip side appears to be that Red Bull can more easily and quicker switch theirs on. Was that behind MB's decision not to pit LH when MV took his stop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom