Formula 1, Moto GP, WSB, 2021 Season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like the was Sir LH was supposed to have 'spotted' the wing bending a few cm on a car some way ahead of him at while both bumping along at 300KPH ...yeah right.

The MB spies knew about it and/or studied video and let the Knight know so he could 'mention' it ;)
That thought had crossed my mind too. Maybe someone else ought to try following the Red Bull to verify what LH has said?

I like the was Sir LH was supposed to have 'spotted' the wing bending a few cm on a car some way ahead of him at while both bumping along at 300KPH ...yeah right.

The MB spies knew about it and/or studied video and let the Knight know so he could 'mention' it ;)
You’d be amazed by what these guys can pick up on. When Jaguar were racing at Le Mans, the drivers noticed a guy wearing a Jaguar jacket standing at the restaurant halfway down the Mulsanne. They flashed their lights at him on the next lap.

185796120_4139609642772715_6153485178156574888_n.jpg

You’d be amazed by what these guys can pick up on. When Jaguar were racing at Le Mans, the drivers noticed a guy wearing a Jaguar jacket standing at the restaurant halfway down the Mulsanne. They flashed their lights at him on the next lap.
Reminds me of the bike racer (I don't remember who, but it could well have been Sheene) who was interviewed after he binned it under braking for a corner. "What went wrong?", asked the interviewer. "The bird in the white vest with the big t*ts f***ed off!", came the reply - he'd been using her as his braking marker 🤣

It's normal to have spotters on track feeding info back in virtually all motosports.

I remember Kevin Schwantz of 1990's 500 GP fame in an interview. One rider was asked what marker did he use to brake so late , he replied 'when I see God , I brake' to which Schwantz replied in his Texan drawl ' I don't brake 'till ah see Elvis...' :D

there are other words that could describe him as well !
On the topic of deranged pilots of wheeled vehicles, do a search on a certain E.J. Potter, aka the 'Michigan Madman'. A true card-carrying nutcase 🤣

Talk about mad dogs and English men . Try reading 'The Moth and the mountain'

English gentleman for reasons known only to himself takes the decision to fly a Tiger Moth aircraft into the side of mount Everest walk to the top and then walk back down again.

A few hurdles to overcome first.

• He is in England with limited funds
  • He does not own an aircraft
  • he does not know how to fly one
  • He has never been on a mountainside in his life, never mind Everest.
  • The entire establishment and various governments are 100% against him doing it
Maurice Wilson probably one of the most eccentric Englishmen none of us have ever heard of. Legend

Talk about mad dogs and English men . Try reading 'The Moth and the mountain'

English gentleman for reasons known only to himself takes the decision to fly a Tiger Moth aircraft into the side of mount Everest walk to the top and then walk back down again.

A few hurdles to overcome first.

• He is in England with limited funds
  • He does not own an aircraft
  • he does not know how to fly one
  • He has never been on a mountainside in his life, never mind Everest.
  • The entire establishment and various governments are 100% against him doing it
Maurice Wilson probably one of the most eccentric Englishmen none of us have ever heard of. Legend
Did you see the ex SAS guy on breakfast TV this morning. The plane he was learning to fly solo in caught fire. He first spotted an orange flame shoot past his side window, then glanced down to see the flames lapping around his legs. He calmly followed the shut down routine then as he neared the ground he undid his harness and climbed out onto the wing. At about 15 feet he jumped out, landing on his feet.

60% of his body was covered in third degree burns and was given 5% chance of survival. He stood there talking about it all far more calmly than any of us would relate a near miss in our cars. An amazing example of how real determination can get you through just about anything.

On the topic of deranged pilots of wheeled vehicles, do a search on a certain E.J. Potter, aka the 'Michigan Madman'. A true card-carrying nutcase 🤣
Oh! I don't know. Depends on how you look at it. 'Pottering' about with a military jet engine strapped to your backside seems almost sane compared to trying to set a land speed record with couple of diesel engines out of JCB digger ... :dk:

Another change to the F1 calendar. Turkey is out, Red Bull Ring will host a second GP (Styrian)

Revised Calendar

DateGrand Prix
May 23Monaco GP
June 6Azerbaijan GP
June 20French GP
June 27Styrian GP
July 4Austrian GP
July 18British GP
August 1Hungarian GP
August 29Belgian GP
September 5Dutch GP
September 12Italian GP
September 26Russian GP
October 3Singapore GP
October 10Japanese GP
October 24United States GP
October 31Mexico City GP
November 7Sao Paulo GP
November 21Australian GP
December 5Saudi Arabian GP
December 12Abu Dhabi GP

I'm really liking the look of this, but doesn't the car look looooonnng!

The colour scheme seems very familiar, details of why can be seen here;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom