Formula One 2018 - General Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
New year, new season, new thread :)

Let's kick it off with the (finally) confirmed race seats. With Sergey Sirotkin confirmed as William's second driver, the grid is now full.

F1 2018: Sergey Sirotkin beats Robert Kubica to Williams seat

Surprisingly, Kvyat has been handed a testing role by Ferrari which will probably be sim work.

Martin Whitmarsh is set to return to Formula 1 after a four-year absence, with the former McLaren team boss accepting a temporary consultancy role with the FIA.

2018 F1 driver line-ups
Mercedes Lewis Hamilton Valtteri Bottas
Ferrari Sebastian Vettel Kimi Raikkonen
Red Bull Daniel Ricciardo Max Verstappen
Force India Sergio Perez Esteban Ocon
Williams Lance Stroll Sergey Sirotkin
Renault Nico Hulkenberg Carlos Sainz
Toro Rosso Pierre Gasly Brendon Hartley
Haas Romain Grosjean Kevin Magnussen
McLaren Stoffel Vandoorne Fernando Alonso
Sauber Marcus Ericsson Charles Leclerc

Last edited:
As a McLaren fan I'm unsure if to be excited or not for the season head. It's been a long 5 years.

(And God know what I'm going to do with all my McHonda stuff. :dk:)

Bob, did you snap up any closed season merchandise?

The slightly madder side of me want Honda to fix their gremlins and have Scuduria Toro Rosso win the contractors championship. I’m a bit of an old Minardi fan. It would also really annoy McLaren which is also good.

I'm hoping for a good year for both McLaren and Williams. I'm hoping the first Paddy Lowe Williams will move them up the grid, i read a comment from Felipe Massa saying that, from what he has seen of the car, it looks very aggressive.

Looking forward to see the intra team battle at Forece India too, I have feeling Ocon is really going to be special this year ahead of a move to Mercedes in 2018. I'm rooting for Alonso too.

Schedule

4211745.jpg

I hear they are thinking of having the races start an hour later too...

Channel 4 has announced which races it will show live during the 2018 season, which will be its final year of broadcasting live Grands Prix. From 2019 to 2024, Sky Sports holds exclusive rights to show all races live, ending free-to-air F1 sessions on TV.

Of the 21 races featured throughout the season, 10 races will be shown live, while 11 shows will feature delayed highlights. Races in Bahrain, Azerbaijan, Monaco, Austria, Britain, Belgium, Singapore, Japan, USA and Abu Dhabi will be live on Channel 4.

The opening round of the season of the season in Australia will be shown exclusively on Sky Sports. The return of the French and German Grands Prix will also only be shown on Sky Sports.

Channel 4 announce live broadcasts for 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom