Forum Courier Service. Karma.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trapperjohn

MB Enthusiast
Car
124 300D 24V Estate
Well what a very small world and nice one too.

So three years ago(ish) I answered a request from the forum to pick up an exhaust from Blackburn, Lancashire (a lot more than 4000 holes in the roads now) and deliver it to Benz on the Green for a forum buddy. It was a big old exhaust as I remember, certainly a beefy AMG type thing. Destined to go on a SL if my memory serves me right.

Fast forward to today a lovely springlike day in Lancashire. I bought a spare alloy wheel with tyre off the Bay of E to go on the olde gardening Picasso I run about in so's not to ruin the inside of the 124 when doing jobs about the place.

So I'm driving to Blackburn following the satnav and thinking - nah it cant be, this all looks too familiar, but bloody hell it was. Its the same guy I picked up the exhaust from, so we have a good old yap and do a bit of a deal and I'm a fiver and wheel and tyre up.

Love this forum. :thumb::cool:

Your memory isn't failing you John, and yes, those AMG exhausts for the 129 weigh a bloody ton! My word, it's a small world.

^ Nice to see you around again, Will.

Its not really surprising John as you do more for people on this forum than anyone else

On the same subject.. SPX.. Lee asked on here some years ago if somebody could collect and deliver a set of RRS wheels & tyres from Sussex to Doncaster. I live in Kent and worked near Doncaster so job done.

On collecting the wheels from Sussex I discover that the seller of the wheels owns a body shop. He now paints all my cars (and others on this forum too). All through a "forum courier" request.

Oh and I got to meet Lee in a Layby just off the A1 (twice) But no dogging took place.

On collecting the wheels from Sussex I discover that the seller of the wheels owns a body shop. He now paints all my cars (and others on this forum too). All through a "forum courier" request.
It was much appreciated that Bruce, thanks again. :thumb:

And I'm glad someone did well out of it pal because the wheels I bought off him turned out to be fakes!

It was much appreciated that Bruce, thanks again. :thumb:

And I'm glad someone did well out of it pal because the wheels I bought off him turned out to be fakes!
Doh....

We should have just done the dogging ;^)

I seem to recall taking them back or did I dream that bit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom