Forum Group Buy - German Style Metal Pressed Numberplates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

npuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
Looking to organise a group buy for the german style metal pressed numberplates supplied by Elite Car Care.

They are usually £39.00 delivered for a pair. If we get at least 10 orders we will get them for £35 delivered per pair.

These plates are 100% Road Legal, and they come with a BS AU 145d mark. They can also supply show plates (no BS mark).

If you want legal plates they will come with the legal font. The only options available on legal ones are plain (with a black border), or with a blue GB logo on the left (and a black border). For legal spec you cant have any other badges, logos, illegally spaced numbers etc.

If you want showplates with different font,, badges, non legal spacing etc they can also provide these in the same style pressed plate but they will not have a BS AU mark.

To process the order you will need to show Elite Car Care the V5 document and the paper copy of your driving license. These can be scanned and emailed direct through to them.

Payments will be made direct to Elite Car Care. Payments can be made by Paypal or any debit/credit card through their secure payment gateway.

Elite Car Care's thread on Detailing World: Elite Car Care - Metal Pressed Number Plates now available. - - Detailing World - Some info on this thread is old, you only need to email the documents as mentioned above.

Some pictures on the thread above. Also more pictures of an example of the road legal BS stamped plate here: Elite Car Care Pressed metal plates - Page 2 - - Detailing World -

If you want to add your name to the group buy please reply to the thread stating the amount of pairs you wish to purchase.

Please keep this thread for posts about this group buy and these specific plates only.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------

Group Buy List:
npuk - 1 pair

Last edited:
Soon as we have 7 more orders confirmed.

Last edited:
I sent a link to that thread to Elite, their reply is below. Also as mentioned on the thread on DW a couple of people have been stoped and by Police and after inspecting the plates no fine etc they were deemed legal.

"It seems he was unfortunate to be stopped by an overzealous police officer who has misunderstood the laws relating to these plates. The plates we supply are legal and reflective and show up on ANPR etc, unfortunately because of examples like this it's hard convincing people. We've sold hundreds and we've not had a single prosecution from them.

Regards

Alex"

I sent a link to that thread to Elite, their reply is below. Also as mentioned on the thread on DW a couple of people have been stoped and by Police and after inspecting the plates no fine etc they were deemed legal.

"It seems he was unfortunate to be stopped by an overzealous police officer who has misunderstood the laws relating to these plates. The plates we supply are legal and reflective and show up on ANPR etc, unfortunately because of examples like this it's hard convincing people. We've sold hundreds and we've not had a single prosecution from them.

Regards

Alex"

I agree and admit there is probably an ammount of over zealousness in this but I discussed this last night with my legal friends who ave experience of prosecution and defence of motoring laws and they agreed that taken to its extreme.

A pressed metal number plate would contravene section 59 of the The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001. Act can be found HERE because of the following.

Material of construction needs to be retroreflecting, steel is not retroreflecting.

Because the characters are raised from the surface of the plate this could make them reflex reflecting which is strictly prohibited under the regulations.

So in short and in it's extreme interpretation of the law it could be sucessfully argued that Pressed Metal Number plates are illegal under UK law. Not one of my legal friends said they would take a case like this to court as they would not be able to defend it.

Also worthy of note is there is a paper going through to make this an endorseable offence so in future it look like instead of just £60 it will be £60 and 3 points.

npuk: For all the hassle the group buy seems to be I'd just buy the plates on your own. £4 was a nice but modest saving anyway. :)

I'm thinking the same Will!

Its like when I started the HID group buy thread ages ago...

I pulled out myself after all the grief....

Then having had my slightly spaced wrongly plate for over 10 years and as many cars I got pulled once and have now legal standard numberplate.

Seems Its just not worth attracting any attention to yourself.

Makes me smile as the more and more interceptors I watch on TV and the crazy fines for having no MOT, Insurance, Road Tax. Like £60 ?? I could be stopped once a month and still be better off :)

npuk: For all the hassle the group buy seems to be I'd just buy the plates on your own. £4 was a nice but modest saving anyway. :)

Although the plates are of no interest to me, I'm sorry that your idea has fell flat pal. :eek:

Its like when I started the HID group buy thread ages ago...

I pulled out myself after all the grief....

Then having had my slightly spaced wrongly plate for over 10 years and as many cars I got pulled once and have now legal standard numberplate.

Seems Its just not worth attracting any attention to yourself.

Makes me smile as the more and more interceptors I watch on TV and the crazy fines for having no MOT, Insurance, Road Tax. Like £60 ?? I could be stopped once a month and still be better off :)

I think they now have "targets" or get "points" for issuing these tickets. Part of the no tolerance we need the money campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom