Forum is a bit slow tonight...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 RWD / 2016 Suzuki Vitara AWD
...it will probably pick-up once everyone gets back from queueing for the iPad2 ;)

26667192.jpg

Last edited:
I suppose I could start a thread about the pointlessness of street parties.

or those plastic milk bottle covers we had in the late seventies.

I also had some leg warmers.

What a prat.

Passing in Regents Street around 9am tonight, there was still a long queue going around the block from the Apple Shop... PC World had no queue at all, but then they ran out of 3g models long ago, instead they had a very high pile of wireless-only units. :D

Dungarees?

in something tie dyed.

sheeple are cool in comparison

early adoption is a mugs game.
in return for something that needs an immediate update and a handy fire extinguisher you get admiring glances from sycophants

Doing my best.
posting on and off topic.
perking the site up with trivia.

Just got home, enjoyed a lovely curry and a few Cobras with friends

No iPads, 3D whatevers....

Happy days

Goodnight all

No iPad2 here either... went to the ice cream parlour with Mrs. MJ tonight. ;)

What's an eye pad? ;-)
In my younger days I used to early adopt the bleeding edge of technology but after forty something years I can't be @rsed anymore. I did get some things right in my student days, shelling out for a sony trinitron tv (the bee's knees at the time) with the proceeds of a vacation job.
Now I take pleasure from the simplicity of older and better made things, Mercedes for instance, and other stuff like bevan funnell mahogany furniture (which is appallingly cheap at the moment). A distinct lack of electronic buttons gives me a feeling of security. I never bought a mobile phone until the company obliged. Blackberries are things I eat not speak into. I sat in an A class the other day and there were simply far too many buttons in it and it felt like and looked like a plastic disposable spoon.

260311-MATT-web_1857724a.gif

Yesterday there was a sad, sad, Apple fanboy type on the radio explaining how he had been in a queue for 28 hours and still a long while to go but it was all worth it. Why?

Because of the "excitement" of being with so many like minded people. I see.

Nothing to do with being the victim of the traditional online order choking and media manipulation to create another Apple PR event then.

260311-MATT-web_1857724a.gif

Yesterday there was a sad, sad, Apple fanboy type on the radio explaining how he had been in a queue for 28 hours and still a long while to go but it was all worth it. Why?

Because of the "excitement" of being with so many like minded people. I see.

Nothing to do with being the victim of the traditional online order choking and media manipulation to create another Apple PR event then.

Sad, so very very sad!:crazy: It'll probably not work properly for the first few months worth of stock anyway.:D I bought an Iphone 3GS when the Iphone 4 came out, it must have been a moment of weakness on my part I still don't use it for anything other than phoning people & the odd text:wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom