Forum Membership

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So I am back on this forum after losing my login details and the old email associated with this account being long gone.

What a interesting post from the OP. Some people come across with one liners becuase they may have the experience of doing a certian job. Some people come across with one liners maybe bacause thats thier nature.

The issue with forums there is no visibilty of soft skills and what may be percieved as keyboard warriros are more visible.

Having these chats down the pub over a pint, there will be no issue.

I dont think people come on forums becuase they dont have a dough of cash, its probably more to enlighten ones intellegince and learn something new.

I am happy to go to MB dealer, my indy or do some thing myself. If I dont do something myself its either because I dont know how (but that I wiull learn) and its more likely I dont have the time or the tools.

To the OP,

Im not entirely sure what your issue with the forum is, :dk: you have asked a question which (in my eyes) had some very helpful replies. You may not have had the exact reply or answer you were looking for, for that you may need to visit a garage or dealership. :)
This place is a huge pool of information and is free, it relies on people having been in the same boat as yourself and have already had the issue you are having, - have you considered that noone has had the exact same issue/model?

A forum sponsor did reply to you, but he runs a garage and may not have seen your reply, or had time to reply. However, he doesnt have to reply to anyone.

After only being here a week, you are a bit premature to judge the place so quickly. I noticed from your 2nd ever post that you have said "Some forums can be
confrontational" - Yes this is true, however having a mini rant about a new place isnt exactly going to help you is it! I assume you have had this in the past, maybe a result of being quick to judge? ;)

There is only so much info which is freely available, I myself ask on here, check old threads and then bite the bullet and get the car booked into my garage.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum, I hope you can also add knowledge aswell as request. Good luck with your issue, if you are unable to find a solution here please make sure you share what the solution is, to whatever is wrong with you car for others in future :thumb:

Last edited:
Now that IS an example of a typical Trolling comment unworthy of this forum

How is replying to a post with a true comment and opinion trolling?
Unworthy of this forum?
I dont see how you don't see how condescending and hypocritical you are.
Of course not, it wasn't aimed at you.

No need to say anymore; I have been more than pleasant in every contribution as have the majority of responders

You called me a troll, personally I don't find that pleasant, surely your post is the exact thing you are whining about?

Your original post was aimed at the forum as a whole, As I stated, I thing you've been very insulting to members and sponsors.

To the OP,

Im not entirely sure what your issue with the forum is, you have asked a question which (in my eyes) had some very helpful replies. You may not have had the exact reply or answer you were looking for, for that you may need to visit a garage or dealership. :)
This place is a huge pool of information and is free, it relies on people having been in the same boat as yourself and have already had the issue you are having, - have you considered that noone has had the exact same issue/model?

A forum sponsor did reply to you, but he runs a garage and may not have seen your reply, or had time to reply. However, he doesnt have to reply to anyone.

After only being here a week, you are a bit premature to judge the place so quickly. I noticed from your 2nd ever post that you have said "Some forums can be
confrontational" - Yes this is true, however having a mini rant about a new place isnt exactly going to help you is it! I assume you have had this in the past, maybe a result of being quick to judge? ;)

There is only so much info which is freely available, I myself ask on here, check old threads and then bite the bullet and get the car booked into my garage.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum, I hope you can also add knowledge aswell as request. Good luck with your issue, if you are unable to find a solution here please make sure you share what the solution is, to whatever is wrong with you car for others in future :thumb:
Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to write and I would have been happy to leave it as you suggested but there are, as there always is, a few nasty people on here that will not let it rest so it is probably best to bow out altogether.

I have actually managed to solve the problem today after some further investigation so will leave it at that. If anyone wants the solution to the problem I had then please PM me.

Don't forget to pick the toys up you threw out of the pram when you close the door on your way out, after having gained the vast and free advice you requested.

I have actually managed to solve the problem today after some further investigation so will leave it at that. If anyone wants the solution to the problem I had then please PM me.

Why cant you simply share it with everyone on your thread?!?

By keeping it hidden, you are going against the spirit of the forum.

Why cant you simply share it with everyone on your thread?!?

By keeping it hidden, you are going against the spirit of the forum.
Had every intention to do so KH and probably will but look at the nasty post before yours; its speaks volumes about some of these people. Maybe best to let things settle down a bit.

Best regards
Graham

From the OP's first post:- IMHO there is nothing worse than someone who allegedly knows an answer but omits to explain it.

From the OP's last post:- Had every intention to do so KH and probably will

dk[1].gif

From the OP's first post:- IMHO there is nothing worse than someone who allegedly knows an answer but omits to explain it.

From the OP's last post:- Had every intention to do so KH and probably will

View attachment 113236
You can explain it to some people, you may not understand it for them.

If the OP isn't happy with the way he believes he is being treated then he is of course fully entitled to ask Admin for a refund of his membership fees.

You can explain it to some people, you may not understand it for them.

If the OP isn't happy with the way he believes he is being treated then he is of course fully entitled to ask Admin for a refund of his membership fees.
Hmmm, I see the supporters are quite keen to know the answer to my original question😆

Had every intention to do so KH and probably will but look at the nasty post before yours; its speaks volumes about some of these people. Maybe best to let things settle down a bit.

Best regards
Graham

But this is collective punishment... what of CLS 350 owners on here (and future forum members who may view this thread) who made no adverse comments?

And in any event, by your own admission those who made the unhelpful comments do not have the same car as yours.... so they are not the ones who stand to lose-out from not sharing the solution you have found.

Are there any unhelpful comments on the technical post?(I've not read it as it has no use to me), I've only replied to the thread where the OP(the first post of his I'd read) insulted forum members and sponsors?

Hmmm, I see the supporters are quite keen to know the answer to my original question😆
Are you thinking that anyone with the supporter banner is a trader? If so that's not the case, supporters are members that responded to a request for financial assistance to keep this forum going so that you can come here and get help with your issues for free.

Are you thinking that anyone with the supporter banner is a trader? If so that's not the case, supporters are members that responded to a request for financial assistance to keep this forum going so that you can come here and get help with your issues for free.
Thats really useful to know, thank you. Yes, i was under the wrong impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom