Forumtronic...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andylinney

Car
Volvo c70 T5 / BMW 316Sport
I'm still relatively new to MB ownership and love reading about the very high spec cars that they produce (one day maybe I'll win the lotto...) but can't help but notice MB's penchant for suffixing a word with 'tronic to name their cars' features.

Is there an easy reference guide to all of the 'tronics?

Or am I stuck on googletronic figuring it out one by one?

Thanks, Andy.

I found it quite amusing when I first came to MB ownership. -Tronic everything. Obviously the marketeers at MB latched onto a word and just couldn't let it go.

Still waiting for 'Wipe-Tronic' and 'Honk-Tronic', but in the world of MB, it's only a matter of time. They have 'Tronic'ed everything else! :rolleyes:

Contrary to popular belief, Mercedes does not have Tiptronic.;)

Welcome to the forum

it's chat tronic !!!!!

The drinks cabinet in the Maybach comes with Ginandtronic.

Yeah, I know.. :eek:

Our Sprinter van has a sprint-shift gearbox (6, speed auto/manual).

The correct name for the gearbox is MANUtronic. :bannana:

MB are secretly working on a paperless voting system for use when Germany chooses its next Chancellor in 2013. It's called Electronic...

Now, where did I leave my coat...

I think the 'tronic phrase was first used on the W202.

Rustronic.

Hang on Mocas, I'm coming with you....:rock:

Cruise control used to be called Tempomat on the W124 generation, then it became Speedtronic. The former does sound a bit 50s, and I suspect it is as much about linguistic fashions as anything.

7g tronic, thermotronic, Distronic all appear to be hanging in there.

Of course, I think Bosch started it all off with J Tronic and Motronic fuel injection systems.

Thanks all, I just found it a wee bit unusual and I'm sure that the dealership staff must have good fun trying to remember their sales patter, " would sir not prefer creasetronic to creasedtrouser?"

Thanks all, I just found it a wee bit unusual and I'm sure that the dealership staff must have good fun trying to remember their sales patter, " would sir not prefer creasetronic to creasedtrouser?"

I'm guessing that's Ironictronic? ;)

I have a spaniel with inbuilt snifertronic. Told the kids on the field that he was an ex drugs dog, two of them walked away rather quickly :D

Ibut can't help but notice MB's penchant for suffixing a word with 'tronic to name their cars' features.

It's down to the influence of Star Trek and in particular a homage to Richard Daystrom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom