Forward arm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danscls

Car
Cls
Could anyone help and tell me what part of my suspension is called the forward arm on a 2010 cls please?

Depending on the setup, I am assuming you are referring to the left or right, front lower suspension arm (usually online parts website terminology), and can also be called the track control arm (front lower, L or R), or also the McPherson strut (If you have typical McPherson suspension setup which is common on Mercs).

Again typical to Mercs, either the big bush that retains this arm to the chassis fails over time (and is often an oil filled bush, which can empty), although this has been known to be missed during inspection, or the outer part usually either has an integrated ball joint, or detachable separate ball joint that can be replaced on its own.

I know it's applicable to the 204 and 212, not the 210, but this thread is worth a read to understand the suspension a bit more.

Thread 'W212 Lower Control Arm Replacement DIY questions' W212 Lower Control Arm Replacement DIY questions | Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension

There is a good vid in post#28 as well and to see a nice clear poke around Merc front suspension with some good explanation.

Last edited:
its the aluminium one with the ball joint at the end 130 in photo .w219.jpg

Is it more commonly known as the thrust arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom