Found a cure for MB rust !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LTD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Polo GTi (and a travel pass for the train and subway)
Bit leftfield for many as a cure for the biodegradable Mercedes but ....

I'm moving on my S500 and getting one of these ...

10rlnyf.jpg

E220 CDi Coupe Sport in Obsidian black metallic.

Arriving with me on March 1st. Car currently at factory awaiting shipment.

:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Nice. Looking forward to a comparison coming from your current vehicle.
Looks very smart!

Now thats nothing like the car you'll be getting, is it? For instance, your DRL's will be straight and not of the hockey stick design ;)

Still very impressed with mine :)

Nice. Looking forward to a comparison coming from your current vehicle.
Looks very smart!

It's a very pretty car and very different in attitude from the uber-barge.

I can easily draw a comparison shortlist right now having driven the E220 for a decent drive. I will, of course, note my musings when I get it.

S500

For : Ride quality, immediacy of power, internal space, road presence.
Against : It's going to cost a fair few quid in the next few years that I will never see back. I don't want a repair-to-repair existence. 20mpg average over 40k miles.

E220

For : Style (I'm still youngish), apparent reliability, economy, handling will be more precise, needs fewer tyres.
Against : Back seat space (bugger them, I'm paying), firmer ride, less road presence.

I'll never decry the S500 experience in any way, shape or form. A great car that fitted the point in my timeline exactly. Hell, I've had a V8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had enough sh8 in my life over the last few months so I decided that life is way too short to sweat about the petty things.

The old gal is still as good as ever. She won't let me down in the next few weeks, too classy a bird for that :thumb:

Fantastic choice, the new E coupes look fantastic. Saw one in the Merc dealer and loved it, same leg room in the rear as the CLK - in otherwords, very little. But hey, I sit in the front seat.

I bought my CLK for better fuel economy too, I had a 4.7ltr V8 Jeep and whilst it was very quick and power was always on tap, 13MPG and 17MPG on a run wasn't great. Now I get around 19MPG going to/from work and 30MPG on a run which is great and the CLK is actually just as nippy and faster - also handles a lot better!

You've definitely made the right decision!

Like it Steve!

Banned to Moderator within a few weeks! :D

E220

For : Style (I'm still youngish apparently) reliability, economy, handling will be more precise...

Corrected that for you...

..needs fewer tyres.

Then get a Reliant Robin!

W e l l ... :(

I won't refuse your offer when you throw me the keys - but, sorry, it's a sad day when you put pure practicalities before emotion, class and an extended middle digit f'kew to the other plebs on the road.

I just find these coupes so wrong, stylisticly and I fear you will miss the fixtures and features of the S Class.

:(

Did you not consider going to the factory to collect it? Nice car.

How lovely. Well done mate.

Looks nice.

Did you need to change for mpg reasons or just fancied a change?

JohnEBoy said:
Looks nice.

Did you need to change for mpg reasons or just fancied a change?

Changed for a variety of reasons - mpg was considered as part of the process but neither the sole reason nor driving force for the change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom