Found a new car I'd like

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RichardM

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 CLS350 CDI
Just to depress myself I was browsing the Brabus website and found this. Just need my numbers to come up tomorrow night now....

BRABUS E V12 with 640 hp / 471 kW, 1,026 Nm and 340 km/h
World debut at the IAA 2003 in Frankfurt/Main: The BRABUS E V12 celebrated its world premiere at the most important car show of the year. This high-performance sedan is powered by a 12-cylinder biturbo engine with 640 hp / 471 kW. With its electronically limited top speed of 340 km/h it is among the world's fastest automobiles. In fall of 2003 BRABUS will start a small-series production run of the four-seater based on the current Mercedes E-Class of the W 211 model series. The BRABUS E V12 will cost 298.000 Euros.

The BRABUS E V12 is powered by the BRABUS SV 12 Biturbo increased-displacement engine, which is implanted with almost surgical precision into the modified engine bay of the E-Class.

The engine of the BRABUS E V12 delivers a whopping 640 hp / 471 kW at 5,100 rpm and an even more impressive peak torque of 1,026 Nm, available from just 1,750 rpm.

Thus equipped the new BRABUS E V12 delivers performance that places the sedan on a level with the world's fastest sports cars: 4.2 seconds for 0 - 100 km/h, 12.9 seconds for 0 - 200 km/h and an electronically limited top speed of 340 km/h are the performance cornerstones of this exclusive high-performance sedan.

pic30g.jpg
pic29g.jpg

http://www.brabus.de/news/news19e.htm

Last edited:
I wonder how many organs I'd have to sell to be able to afford one :D

I reckon our E270s could give it a good run for it's money.

Erm, on MPG, that is.

Wow, I want one.

Even more depressing is that if we had two 270 engines in the one car it still wouldn't have as much torque as the Brabus.

Bet the rear tyres don't last as long though !

clk270 said:
Even more depressing is that if we had two 270 engines in the one car it still wouldn't have as much torque as the Brabus.

Bet the rear tyres don't last as long though !

With 1026Nm, I doubt the rear diff would last long either

Some other good stuff on the website too, D4 270CDi tunning kit, nice wheels, spoilers etc...

RichardM said:
Some other good stuff on the website too, D4 270CDi tunning kit, nice wheels, spoilers etc...

Took a quick look at the D4 kit - sounds intriguing - and at 215BHP a real E320CDI basher (look out Brian). Wonder what that would cost? I'm guessing it's probably an ECU tweak - what do you think?

That's 212mph!

RichardM said:
electronically limited top speed of 340 km/h

'kin hell! it's 'limited' to 212mph!!! …wonder how fast it goes without the black box? and then would you need a Pilots Licence to drive it!

Andy

Last edited:
nah - who'd want one of them?:D I'd never drive it - I'd be too busy trying to get my chin up off the floor:D Gorgeous:bannana:

I too found this yesterday and I am already saving.
Hopefully at auction today I should get a good price for the house and kids and I'm there.
If only. :crazy:

I think I'll check the insurance quote before contacting Brabus !

Let's see N Union "quote me happy" with that one!

richy said:

I was just going to mention insurance. With zero NCD i think i could afford another second runabout for the price of the insurance. The best thing about cars like that is they are something we would love to own and its the desire for us to one day own is what sets us our goal or its a some kind of challenge for us. If we could have what every we wanted then life would be boring and u would never really long for anything. Personally i think its best to keep deams just dreams....for now.

richy said:

I think the old addage: "If you can afford to get the car you wouldn't give two hoots how much insurance costs" is very true. I recall when I was at University in the mid 90's an 18 year old student had his father die and as a result he copped a huge inheritance. First thing he did was go out and buy a fleet of sports cars, Ferrari 348 spider, Lamborghini Countach, Porsche 911 amongst others. Apparently the insurance for the Ferrari alone cost him well over £3k and he had all sorts of stipulations too as to what hours during the day he could drive the car and where it had to be garaged overnight, the local BMW dealership as there is no Ferrari dealer in Swansea. :crazy: totally weird.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom