Found a suitable replacement for the E63!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amzchhabra

Car
Mercedes-AMG GTS
With the E63 gone, and my house move now not happening until at least next year, I thought its best I spend the money before the mrs does...

It was touch and go with regards to this car, but it finally arrived safely with me yesterday, from over 400 miles away in Edinburgh.

Absolutely blown away by the way this car grips like it is on rails, even in the wet! Never thought I would say it, but that itch of wanting a 911 has most definitely gone away. They are no more capable than this, don’t sound as good and definitely do not have that stance or presence.

More photos to come after its mini detail on Tuesday (when the sun is out [hopefully])

Looks great!! Sounds like you're loving it already!! #jealous lol!

Congratulations!
Look forward to more photos.

Excellent choice. Be very interested in your views on how it compares to E63

Thank you all for the kind words!

@C240Sport97 - in answer to your question. The E63 was a mercedes first and foremost, and then a performance monster second. With that in mind, it had huge power, and capability beyond any normal saloon. But i think the size, weight, and balance killed any confidence when driving with any sort of aggression, leaving the thought this car could step out at any point if I wasn’t careful.

The AMG GT isn’t like any Mercedes I have driven previously (and I have owned a fair few). It’s very much performance first, and GT second. You can tell Mercedes had nothing to do with the design and mechanics of this car.

My next car was going to be a 911. Having driven my brother-in-law’s 997 Turbo many times in the past, I very much thought this was the most complete car for me. But at my budget, the best I was going to get was a 10-is year old 997 Turbo with a decent history, but none of the gadgets I am used to like Bluetooth, DAB Radio and LED headlamps or even in some cases heated seats. Then comes the performance, and the AMG GT didn’t disappoint, the feeling of confidence pushing the car was something I didn’t experience in my E63.

I have never spent so much on a car, and the thing that gets me about the 911, you can buy a bog standard Carerra, or a full fat Turbo S, its a 911, and it’s common as muck. Not a bad thing, as it shows that its most certainly one of the best drivers cars out there, but at the money, I wanted a bit of drama.

It’s rare to see on the roads and I think it makes it that much more special.

Very, very nice. As you say, very rare to see on the road. Sensational in all respects. Enjoy!

Lovely piece of kit and health to enjoy it.
For as long as I care to remember I’ve wanted a 911, but in my case ONLY a 3.3 Turbo.
My organs are well past their best btw 😱🤣.

Congrats on the new motor, those cars have become increasingly good value for money.

Great car well done.

Congrats. A great looking car and it must be extra special to put the E63 in the shade.

and the thing that gets me about the 911, you can buy a bog standard Carerra, or a full fat Turbo S, its a 911, and it’s common as muck. Not a bad thing, as it shows that its most certainly one of the best drivers cars out there, but at the money, I wanted a bit of drama.

It’s rare to see on the roads and I think it makes it that much more special.
Just as well you didn't try a GT3 ..

but the AMG GT is a great choice as it has so much more presence, and with its front mid engined, is wonderfully balanced.

Bloody hell. You don't hang about mate. Looks stunning. Congratulations and enjoy!!

Looks great. Enjoy it.

I've yet to remove these from my potential list!

Just as well you didn't try a GT3 ..

but the AMG GT is a great choice as it has so much more presence, and with its front mid engined, is wonderfully balanced.
LOL! That is one GT Family which is well out of reach right now. And to be fair, if I ever do that, it will only ever be the "Widow Maker" 991 GT2 RS Weissach. Im sure that will change to the 992 as it comes out.

Bloody hell. You don't hang about mate. Looks stunning. Congratulations and enjoy!!
Cheers buddy, it came up at MB Edinburgh, was the exact spec I wanted minus the colour, but I can settle with Magnetite Black, as its grey in the sun anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom