found inlet motor not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricardo62

Car
e320
re my other post , i found my inlet motor and found the linkage flopping loose disconnected , now what harm will it do to carry on driving with it not working ?.
i started the car and it idles smoothly , and it revved up to the redline when i blipped the throttle , no warning light on dashboard ,i cant ix it myself im not mechanically minded nor have the tools , can i just carry on driving like this , i took it on a trip of 100 miles recently and although it was sluggish on the acceleration it held 60mph on the cruise once it got up there .. your thoughts appreciated

Basically no harm if motor is not short circuited. Car is just in a limp mode. Short circuit may blow the ecu fuse, and sometimes fry the ecu too...

thanks for replying so promptly , short circuited can you explain more ?? i have not done any mods , the arm is just disconnected ,is it normal for the engine to idle smoothly and i must admit sometimes it wont kickdown and is sluggish , but stopping switching off and restarting seems to reset the limp mode , i guess this must also be the cause of black smoke coming from the exhaust if i put load on the engine ie going up hills , so am i right in saying that until its fixed it will be ok to drive and wont cause any damage

sometimes when swirl flaps are jammed due to gunk delivered by egr, motor over loads and it burns. So it can be electrically either open or short circuited, if short circuit it pass current freely and this may cause ecu to fry. But I guess you already have some progress about the matter (in other thread)... ;)

sometimes when swirl flaps are jammed due to gunk delivered by egr, motor over loads and it burns. So it can be electrically either open or short circuited, if short circuit it pass current freely and this may cause ecu to fry. But I guess you already have some progress about the matter (in other thread)... ;)
mersum , ive got the flaps open and motor linkage disconnected , any downsides to this , it seems the car is back to full performance ,no smoke and responsive

It should be ok then :cool: (there could be some very minor issues at low revs because air swirl is now slightly different but I bet you won't even notice it)

If the bar has come off and the motor is working correctly, just connect it back up

The motor delete is only really required on these if it has shorted due to reasons in mersum1es' post

just a qk update , i wonder if anyone can explain why im still getting black smoke when accelarating , the flaps are fully open , the arm that operates the flaps is fully forward towards the front of car , i believe that means flaps fully open .
but the black smoke has returned

Split inter cooler or boost pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom