Four Steps to Steering Wheel Heaven .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
1) Take one rather dull leather wheel, with plan airbag cover ....

c200dash640.jpg

2) Get bored after a couple of months and replace airbag with chrome star version ....

steerstar640.jpg

3) Hunt around for nice walnut wheel to match car interior . . . nothing available at reasonable cost . . . so buy Birds Eye Maple Wood Wheel from eBay . . fit to car

maplewheel2.jpg

maplewheel1.jpg

4) Stand back and admire :D

Maple looks quite nice - almost black in most conditions with just a little of the grain showing . . .but very funky indeed in the sunlight . . I thought at first it wouldn't go with the dash, but I think I can live with it ..... feels so much nicer too

:bannana: :bannana:

What you doing with your old wheel m8 might be interested in a purchase here?:D

It's for sale, of course . . . for anybody wishing to upgrade from Vinyl.

PM me for more details.

Thats the same wood I have in my car, I think it looks much nicer than the Elegance or Classic trim.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Flamin' Nora! Have you stopped going to the "Steering Wheels Anonymous" meetings? You can get help ya know....

Originally posted by smartbrabus
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Flamin' Nora! Have you stopped going to the "Steering Wheels Anonymous" meetings? You can get help ya know....

no, no - its ok - I checked with the doctor - its just a regular case of mod-itis - it goes away, eventually - bit like the flu. Funnily enough, I seem to remember who I caught it from now . . . . :p

Jay - the airbag was a one off on eBay from the same guy who I bought the new wheel from - it had been ordered for a recall job that never happened.

Unfortunately they are £400 to buy new from MB - so its really not worth it just for the star - I paid a tenth of that.

worth keeping an eye on ebay / german eBay (www.ebay.de) - to see if any more come up.

S.

damn, i could have took it off my coupe when i sold that...so annoying, well will look out!

Nice job though! I can never seem to find these bargains!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom