Four Tyre Punctures in Six Months - Luck or Vandalism?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

silversurfer10

Car
SLK
Hello everyone!

In the past six months, I have suffered from four different punctures on my car tyres, all of them were from nails or similar objects. To the best of my knowledge, I do not drive through areas where there is building work being undertaken. I would say that the majority of my driving is in the city with some motorway journeys approxmiately once per month. My family, neighbours and colleagues who park in close proximity to me at work and at home do not seem to suffer from this issue anywhere near as much as I do. I was wondering if anybody else has had such an issue with regular punctures, could it be vandalism and how is it best avoided? Many thanks in advance.

By taking the bus

You don’t mention the tyre profile, in one year I managed eight new tyres in about 6,000 miles due to having to replace them from punctures. They were 30/35 profile from memory and standard fit on the E-Class ragtop (rubber band tyres). If yours are low profile you could go down an alloy wheel size and that may reduce the damage.

Move home , change jobs ?? Set up cctv , check all wheels before moving off ,look for nails propped up against the tyres ....

Sounds like too many occurrences to me to be luck.

I would also setup CCTV (camera pointing through a window at your car etc. if possible) and just have a quick check before you leave.

Sounds like too many occurrences to me to be luck.

I would also setup CCTV (camera pointing through a window at your car etc. if possible) and just have a quick check before you leave.
Thanks, I will definitely be more vigilant. I recounted and it is actually 5 times in 6 months which does seem very suspicious.

You don’t mention the tyre profile, in one year I managed eight new tyres in about 6,000 miles due to having to replace them from punctures. They were 30/35 profile from memory and standard fit on the E-Class ragtop (rubber band tyres). If yours are low profile you could go down an alloy wheel size and that may reduce the damage.
Thanks, mine are 35/40. Did you continue to suffer from frequent punctures like that after the 6,000 miles?

Thanks, mine are 35/40. Did you continue to suffer from frequent punctures like that after the 6,000 miles?
No I had 8 tyres in 6000 miles, so most were nearly new. I did go through some roadworks daily. Irrespective I think low profiles are for boulevards and not UK roads. But I’m also ancient with no style lol

Well as already posted that many puntures is way too many,you may have upset somebody,so best you check before driving off,and if you can set up some sort of camera.

Agreed that it's way too often. I get a puncture once every 200,000 miles.

Are you sure that you haven't had builders working near home or work?

Could it be blind jealousy ?

What do you drive and how does it fit in with the other cars in your immediate area ?

Unfortunately, some people cannot tolerate others doing well.

I experienced that first hand when two of our cars got keyed a long time ago in another place.

If you can't be bothered checking every day try reversing a few feet or vice versa depending on what your usual routine is.
Does sound suspicious. If they are the same type of nails, that will confirm it.

You dont frequent B+Q Tradepoint do you ?

Wife works at TP and she is forever asking "tradesmen" not to sweep out their vans in the carpark as they leave all sorts of tyre damaging debris on the ground.

K

If you can't be bothered checking every day try reversing a few feet or vice versa depending on what your usual routine is.
Does sound suspicious. If they are the same type of nails, that will confirm it.

I was thinking similar. Reverse a meter and check. 👍

The cynic in me wonders if nails are placed either side of the OP's tyres...

I think something is amiss or the OP is one seriously unlucky driver. Since I first read his post I gave myself a few days to -roughly - work out the amount of punctures I have had (cars/bikes/vans) driving including 15 years as a company car driving field service engineer. Driving on all sorts of roads in approximately 10 or more countries. 3/4 million miles maybe , more 🤷‍♂️

Between seven and nine punctures in total.

I had a company car for 30 years and covered more than a million miles. I had 1 puncture during that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom