Four Tyre Punctures in Six Months - Luck or Vandalism?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do know of a guy who had 4 punctures in 6 months.

It was malicious.

The estate of flats he lives on is new though so everyone moved in at a similar time.

A lot of them were on a local FB page and he discovered he was not the only one.

They all posted up they would be installing CCTV and the problem stopped overnight.

I also passed the information to a cop friend of mine as he is local to that area and they stepped up patrols for a while.

Problem is that any local sh!t knows that as some kind of weird punishment for owning a prestige vehicle, ruining any of the tyres can cost some serious bucks to replace.

OP: Do you avoid or drive over all the debris that accumulates at various points on roads eg, at junctions, lane divisions, etc, etc?
Nails and the likes end up there.

Are your rear tyres punctured more than the fronts? Any particular side? Any particular weather ie, wet?

OP: Do you avoid or drive over all the debris that accumulates at various points on roads eg, at junctions, lane divisions, etc, etc?
Nails and the likes end up there.

Are your rear tyres punctured more than the fronts? Any particular side? Any particular weather ie, wet?
I try and avoid the road debris that is at the side of the roads. I would say that yes, the rears have had the most punctures (4) compared to the sole puncture at the front. I haven't noticed any correlation to the weather.

I try and avoid the road debris that is at the side of the roads.
Try or avoid? Only avoidance works!
I would say that yes, the rears have had the most punctures (4) compared to the sole puncture at the front. I haven't noticed any correlation to the weather.
Accepted wisdom says that punctures tend to occur in rear tyres from whatever is thrown up by a front tyre. More common in wet weather because the tyre cuts more easily (why we wet a knife before cutting rubber).

Work with the above and if still experiencing punctures then possibly a bad actor in play. If that really is suspected a walk around before departing is worthwhile. Also alerts you to deflating tyre from a previous journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom