Frankfurt Motor Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is the best coverage of a Motor Show I have ever seen, took me 1/2 an hour to watch it!

Best part for me was the Porshe Spyder, I could just imagine reaching above your head to grab the canopy and sliding it to the windscreen, where it locks with a thump - Dream On.

I'm just back from there- the place is MASSIVE. Arrived there at about 10am, and left at 7PM, and didn't get close to seeing everything. The Mercedes hall was packed, but what a show. The G-Wagen display was amazing, the thing just drove up at idle with no problem, even in the rain. Electric/hybrid cars were the thing this year- still not convinced but the Tesla's were something else- stand was tiny and stuck at the back of a small hall. Give it a few years and they'll be right at the front I reckon.

Stars of the show for me was the new Stratos concept (been shown before) The new Alfa 4c, which I was drooling over, until I saw the headlights, and the Honda NSX concept which was stunning. The surprise of the show was the Renault stand- a real buzz and lots of concepts and a really fresh range. I'm really warming to them.

My 400 quid MGF did the 2500 mile weeks annual holiday no problem, even surviving 2 hours in gridlock through Brussels. 48.4 MPG average too. Rare too! saw 3 on the whole trip compared to dozens of a Mercedes AMG, Aston Martin's, Ferrari's etc. I did visit Luxembourg though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom