Franking Machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

N7OGP

Car
Viano 2011
I have been thinking about leasing a franking machine, i post about 125-150 small packets aweek,
1/ Is it worth my while, do you get much hassle.
2/ Is there any think to avoid when leasing a franking machine.
any thoughts would be appreciated

How about a Royal Mail contract instead, they can do it on average weights and you can print labels for all your mail and use their signed for service still too :)

Kate

How important is it that the packets are shipped on the day ?
Make sure that you have a backup plan if the franking machine breaks down or you run out of labels or ink. Check label and ink costs if they are not included in the lease of the machine.

Check for minimum topping up amounts - they are usually pre-paid and you do not want to have to top up several thousand pounds each time.

Otherwise franking machines are great in that you can frank the mail during the day and have it ready for collection.

If you do go for it watch for the phone call asking if you would like labels shortly after delivery.

They send about ten years worth together with a huge invoice. It's a con, and takes a bit of effort to sort out.

Got a Pitney Bowes Personal Post.

Ink costs a fortune & each time it's topped up there is a charge.

When ours runs out of the Ink we have in stock I think we will stop using it.

Will switch to Royal Mail Smart Stamp or if we were sending as much as you I'd get a contract and our own stamp.

Or check out the Royal Mail Website and see about printing your address labels with postage details on them.

I've started to do this for Mrs E (albeit on a much smaller scale) and it's great.

was with Pitney.. amazing sales team.. guy was persistent for months, then i gave in and took it on board..

costs spirralled and service diminished, thus revert to businesspost courier and others.

We were with Pitney Bowes, crap service and charge to top up. We are now with Neopost and much happier!

or Smart stamp and one of these DYMO

+1 ^ - excellent. You don't get the franking discount & monthly subscription £4.99 but you're tied to no-one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom