Fraud

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Your address is no longer the identifying factor for credit reference agencies. It used to be the case that one occupant of a house could ruin the credit-worthiness of all other occupants, or indeed leave a sour-tasting legacy for subsequent occupants.

But no more. It's all about the named individual. They just use addresses, like date of birth, to make sure they've got the right person.

Thats good news in the day I had my problem when the credit applications were checked or scored with the credit reference agencies, the credit application was logged against the address, keep a very watchful eye on mine these days

Please do not knock a person without knowing why he/she does things which while harmless do perhaps annoy you. Would you do it to someone who is bed-ridden most of the time or a veteran suffering a mental disorder?

If you do not have the facts you are in no position to judge. Particularly when a persons actions have good intentions, never abusive and can be ignored or read by choice.

:D

Please do not knock a person without knowing why he/she does things which while harmless do perhaps annoy you. Would you do it to someone who is bed-ridden most of the time or a veteran suffering a mental disorder?

For a moment I thought you meant our hot friend. Then I read this bit...
when a persons actions have good intentions, never abusive

I'm amazed that anyone could get hold of information about Dragon. He/she has never disclosed anything personal here amongst his/her friends on the forum.

Of course he/she is quite entitled to keep his/her location, sex and nationality etc private, but some basic information would help others to aid and understand him/her as a member and friend.

Not trying to pry into your personal live Dragon, it's just that trying to help someone who is just a name on a forum isn't easy.

No chance.:cool:

so are you still interested in sorting the identitiy problem or is there a new B&Q problem?
whereabouts are you anyway and how did you find out about this? Did the bank write you a letter with someone elses name on it, saying thank you for the account you tried to open or what?
it might be the old house owner or a genuine postcode mistake.
the same number but similar postcodes e.g
se14 1gh , se14 1sh

so are you still interested in sorting the identitiy problem or is there a new B&Q problem?
whereabouts are you anyway and how did you find out about this? Did the bank write you a letter with someone elses name on it, saying thank you for the account you tried to open or what?
it might be the old house owner or a genuine postcode mistake.
the same number but similar postcodes e.g
se14 1gh , se14 1sh

I remember I inadventently open a scam email in Orange with a catching title and then MS Defender/AVG said there was trojan horse fishing for details or setting my laptop. I used AVG, Defender and Lavasoft to look for this trojan horse with failure, I forgot all about it. I regularly clear temp files and cookies now onward. I report spam emails and block it using Orange utility. It take an aweful long time to report the spams.

This guy/lass tried to apply for a bank account on the internet and used my address. Well anyone can pick up an address on the phone book.

OK no more news posting, get bored. Hand the crown back to Robert. Had enough.

Oh alright. Lesson learned. delete scam emails without opening. You probably have a keystroke loger or trojan transmitting personal information, or in your case daily mail news around to other rouge computers.
still how did you find out? did the bank contact you or what? or did this really happen

Last edited:
Okay, sorry I was wrong.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom