Fraudulent Listing? 300SL R107

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What do you mean by 'fraudulent'?

Looks like a normal Ebay advert to me.

He means that the seller is trying to get people to contact them to sell outside ebay.

Me too, and his other feedback is reasonable too - what are we missing?

He means that the seller is trying to get people to contact them to sell outside ebay.

I'm pleased that I'm too honest to know that.

Looks cheap. Perhaps the previous buyer noticed something really wrong. But his feedback seems OK. Otherwise ... :dk:

Not sure. Feedback says he sells loads of cheap nick nack stuff.

Perhaps he has no idea how to present a car for sale.

1) Cars too cheap.

2) Bad Spelling.

3) No activity for a couple of months, a couple of cheap items sold and purchased, and then bang.....

4) One picture, looks like it's been copied from somewhere else (wrong picture size)

5) asking for e-mail address for more pics (why not just list them!)

Typical e-bay con! It looks like the guys account has been hijacked... I'd be amazed if it was legit.

Has it changed since the original post...I don't see what's being alluded to.

It does seem a weird ad I must say. If it was nearer I would ask for more details.

If its in the condition he says it to cheap. I have been watching 300SLs on ebay for a few weeks now and can't remember seeing this car. Seems fishy.

Buffers

1) Cars too cheap.

2) Bad Spelling.

3) No activity for a couple of months, a couple of cheap items sold and purchased, and then bang.....

4) One picture, looks like it's been copied from somewhere else (wrong picture size)

5) asking for e-mail address for more pics (why not just list them!)

Typical e-bay con! It looks like the guys account has been hijacked... I'd be amazed if it was legit.

Agree with you. There's another thread on here about a similar dodgy ebay ad for a Mercedes.

That site SavMan linked to is :eek:

i see no reason to assume its a scam.

his past ebay auctions have similar "poor" adverts....

his price is cheap but not impossibly cheap.... prices have fallen for these 107s i'm afraid to say recently. i've seen post 86 facelifted ones (which this is) go for less than £3000.

I really don't see the issue here, look how high is feedback is for one thing!

It's an advert with hardly any detail, only one photo and he's asked for your email address to forward more photos. Not everyone is an@l enough to list absolutely everything that's ever been done to their cars.

SilverSaloon said:
i see no reason to assume its a scam.

his past ebay auctions have similar "poor" adverts....

his price is cheap but not impossibly cheap.... prices have fallen for these 107s i'm afraid to say recently. i've seen post 86 facelifted ones (which this is) go for less than £3000.

And this is based on the two adverts in Feb? You may be correct but buyer beware when something does not feel right it normally isn't

I agree that prices seem to have dropped somewhat over the last few months but l still feel that a 300SL of this year and milage should be more. Could be a cat C or D of course. Had a quick look at sellers feed back and couldn't see car listed before and lots of 'bump up' sales to same buyer on cheap items.

Buffers

I really don't see the issue here, look how high is feedback is for one thing!

It's an advert with hardly any detail, only one photo and he's asked for your email address to forward more photos. Not everyone is an@l enough to list absolutely everything that's ever been done to their cars.

I think your spidey-senses have deserted you. Nothing seems right sabiut that advert.

I don't see it as a scam either, just a dodgy old car that the seller can't think of anything good to say about I expect. Photo was probably taken at someone else's house 10 years ago.

And the timewaster he refers to is likely some poor fool who travelled miles to see a hen-house and was only too grateful to escape with his chequebook intact.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom