Freak of Nature Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John Peerce

Car
C43 AMG
I was in a BP petrol station recently, and I saw this dark blue (or black) merc pull over (the owner went into the BP shop)

Ok so far you are thinking what’s unusual about that …. except this merc has the rear end of the W202 C-class and front end of the W210 e-class !! I just stood there scratching my head and couldn’t believe it! The overall body shape and size (and rear tail lights) suggests the chassis is that of the C-class, but the round headlights and front nose and bonnet was unmistakable e-class ..

I didn’t get the chance to talk to the owner, and I truly wish I had my digi cam.. it would have been the scoop of the year.

At first I was impressed with what I saw, but soon this gave way to feeling that what I saw was an abomination …

Any ideas how this was done? has anyone perhaps spotted this car in a GTG ?

ps. i most definitely was not under the influence of any illicit substances at the aforementioned time, in case you are wondering !

I'm pretty sure that Graham took a video at a past GTG of a W202 that had been cosmetically altered so that it looked like a W203 at the front but the back still looked original W202. It was in metallic silver.

*EDIT* Each to their own but these types of model update mods aren't my cup of tea...

sclass7.jpg

slclass3.jpg

In the examples above the mismatch between the rear light cluster and the boot lid just looks all wrong imho.

S.

Last edited:
They are the worst things imaginable IMO.

Good luck to him when he wants to sell it

Bentley have been caught testing one of their new models dressed to look like a merc, a big merc, this weeks autocar.

gary

If it's done well and on some models it can work - but I agree Steve - those you posted just look cr*p :eek:

Horrible car alert!

modified merc

i wonder how you go about insuring these things? try telling an online broker that the front of your car is one model and the back is another, i know in reality it is only a modification but must effect premiums heavily??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom