Freaky W213 TPMS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian k

Car
E Class 220d W213 Premium Plus Package
I thought I’d share a couple of observations I’ve had on the TPMS.

Last year I fitted new winter tyres on a spare set of ally’s I’d bought just for the job. I also fitted new tpms sensors to them as I wanted to keep the functionality even on my winter set. The tpms needed “teaching to the car”. While I was waiting for this to take place at MB the tpms warning light showed on the dash as it should. The funny thing though was that while it was alarming it messed with the phone connection too. I have a samsung S7 edge so not so old but while the car was alarming with the tpms it either wouldn’t connect or couldn’t read text messages from the phone (when normally it can). As soon as the MB taught the new sensors the phone immediately went back to normal.

I put the winters on again a few weeks ago, the car was fine and remembered them and everything was rosy.
Yesterday, I got a nail in the nearside front, slow puncture type. As soon as the tpms alarmed (which it should as the tyre was deflating) the car faulted out with the phone again and couldn’t read it. Tyre fixed, re inflated, alarm cleared, and hey presto the phone is back to normal as well.

I’m guessing it’s the Bluetooth screwing around when it senses an error, but I admit that the first time it happened I thought it was me that had corrupted it somehow with the new sensors.
One lives and learns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom