Free car scam??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

x332race

MB Enthusiast
Have been sent this via email today....cant quite see where the scam is, but it must be there somewhere!......if anything, the description of the car seems to be very dodgy!!

Hello,
My name is Mary, I search and saw your email address on the net, i want you to know that i have a Mercedes-Benz that i want to give out but i don't know if you will be able to take good care of the Mercedes-Benz for me.i have some problem with me that is why i want to give out the Mercedes-Benz, because of the promise i have made to my husband before he pass away.I lost my Husband in car accident, he was on his way to pick up my Daughter from school that was where the accident happen, but police said that he might have lost his mind before the crash occurred. His car ran off the road and hit a tree.the driver of the car that is coming at his back said the vehicle veered off the road and struck a tree, "No other vehicles were involved. There was no illegal or unsafe operation.he was going along just fine, but then veered into the median strip."Before he die he bought a Mercedes-Benz for us, He want us to go on a long travel to don caster south Yorkshire England, with the Mercedes-Benz,he want all the family to go together, so before he pass away he said i should come and meet him at the hospital he told me that i should give the Mercedes-Benz out to someone i don't know, so that is why i am sending you this email, Let me know if you are going to take good care of the mercedes-Benz for me.i know it will be hard for you to believe me. i want to give it out because i have promise my Husband that i will give it out, the more i see the Mercedes-Benz the more i think about him because i love my Husband so much i could not stand it anymore. pls take the Mercedes-Benz away from me and take good care of it. if you are interested let me know. The mercedes-Benz is in perfect working condition with nothing mechanically wrong - like new! The title is clear and I have already signed a release for the title to be transferred. You'll also receive all the papers required for registration , owner manual, keys, a give contract already signed by me. I must inform you that currently I'm in Birmingham England where I'm staying. my daughter Sandra is schooling in London. 2008 MERCEDES-BENZ E CLASS E280 4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Petrol, ABS, Adjustable seats, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Computer, Cruise control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Fog lights, Front armrest, Electrically adjustable seats, Headlight washers,Immobilisers, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Radio/Cassette, CD changer, Side airbags, Rear headrests, Traction control, Private number plates, One year M.O.T, NEW Battery, Car do not have any scratch or dent's, car is in very good condition, clean in and out...

E-mail me for Pics.

Have been sent this via email today....cant quite see where the scam is, but it must be there somewhere!......if anything, the description of the car seems to be very dodgy!!

Hello,
My name is Mary, I search and saw your email address on the net, i want you to know that i have a Mercedes-Benz that i want to give out but i don't know if you will be able to take good care of the Mercedes-Benz for me.i have some problem with me that is why i want to give out the Mercedes-Benz, because of the promise i have made to my husband before he pass away.I lost my Husband in car accident, he was on his way to pick up my Daughter from school that was where the accident happen, but police said that he might have lost his mind before the crash occurred. His car ran off the road and hit a tree.the driver of the car that is coming at his back said the vehicle veered off the road and struck a tree, "No other vehicles were involved. There was no illegal or unsafe operation.he was going along just fine, but then veered into the median strip."Before he die he bought a Mercedes-Benz for us, He want us to go on a long travel to don caster south Yorkshire England, with the Mercedes-Benz,he want all the family to go together, so before he pass away he said i should come and meet him at the hospital he told me that i should give the Mercedes-Benz out to someone i don't know, so that is why i am sending you this email, Let me know if you are going to take good care of the mercedes-Benz for me.i know it will be hard for you to believe me. i want to give it out because i have promise my Husband that i will give it out, the more i see the Mercedes-Benz the more i think about him because i love my Husband so much i could not stand it anymore. pls take the Mercedes-Benz away from me and take good care of it. if you are interested let me know. The mercedes-Benz is in perfect working condition with nothing mechanically wrong - like new! The title is clear and I have already signed a release for the title to be transferred. You'll also receive all the papers required for registration , owner manual, keys, a give contract already signed by me. I must inform you that currently I'm in Birmingham England where I'm staying. my daughter Sandra is schooling in London. 2008 MERCEDES-BENZ E CLASS E280 4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Petrol, ABS, Adjustable seats, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Computer, Cruise control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Fog lights, Front armrest, Electrically adjustable seats, Headlight washers,Immobilisers, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Radio/Cassette, CD changer, Side airbags, Rear headrests, Traction control, Private number plates, One year M.O.T, NEW Battery, Car do not have any scratch or dent's, car is in very good condition, clean in and out...

E-mail me for Pics.

Avoid like the plague. If something seems too good to be true it probably is!
Why would she pick you at random? Surely she must know someone in her own family who would benefit?

Avoid like the plague. If something seems too good to be true it probably is!
Yes obviously - but I think the OPs question was more about how's the scam going to work/play out.

On first sight there seems to be no money involved, but I guess this must get introduced later - delivery fee? Hard to see how they are going to introduce a decent sum of money into the equation, perhaps they are after something else - identity/bank details perhaps.

Heartbreaking story - when do you pick it up? And what a considerate husband; he even got an MoT on a year old car. What could possibly go wrong!!!

Yes obviously - but I think the OPs question was more about how's the scam going to work/play out.

On first sight there seems to be no money involved, but I guess this must get introduced later - delivery fee? Hard to see how they are going to introduce a decent sum of money into the equation, perhaps they are after something else - identity/bank details perhaps.

Most of these scams are about getting your personal details and using them to commit a fraud. If you look at the scams on ebay they all say don't contact me through ebay, you must email me. Once thay have those details they can highjack your account etc. Maybe this is what it is about.

Yup it s about data theft, and also once u email back, potentially, your IP address is recorded, which is where one can start to launch a cyber attack onto your IP address.

I have never read where someone has used Mercees-Benz so many times with out an Abreviation.. lol

Benz, Merc, Mercedes... lol... Mercedes-BENZ!!! LOL

LOL...one carefull owner.....no scratces or dent.....it's only hit a tree.....
he he he...not asking for personel info either!!!
just another nutter with sa new direction for a scam...if you reply you will then be asked for personel details to deliver the car or something.
I have won various lottory's every week apparantly!! and i still have to work for a living.... i have also been made the sole benfishery of hundreds of people ive never heard of. :bannana:

Isnt the "tinternet" a wonderfull thing :D

Quite right...have deleted it from my in-box! Surprised it got through my spam filter!!

Hello, I have to say the grammar in that is awful !! :eek:

Last edited:
as her if she is the virgin mary. Or mary queen of scots; she had a merc.

ho ho and why would she be in birmingham when her daughter is at school in london.

probably the same reason why my sisters son is in a kent school while she is in NL.
Either way i think they want to get friendly and then the detail asking will commence. e. i want to deliver it to you but i need some petrol money, e.t.c

probably the same reason why my sisters son is in a kent school while she is in NL.
Either way i think they want to get friendly and then the detail asking will commence. e. i want to deliver it to you but i need some petrol money, e.t.c

is she called mary too then? Has she got a car to give away as well to a Dutchman? :)

Might be worth opening a hotmail/gmail account and replying - if only to see what happens... if you PM me the originator's email address I'm willing to do it ;)

M. the 419 Baiter :p

Might be worth opening a hotmail/gmail account and replying - if only to see what happens... if you PM me the originator's email address I'm willing to do it ;)

M. the 419 Baiter :p

Have deleted the email and have no record!!

doh!
Oh well, I guess I'll continue baiting the Nigerian's finance ministers brother :p

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom