Free delivery when you pick up

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by stwat, Jun 7, 2011.

1. stwat

stwat Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1989 W126 300 SE
    Eh? :dk:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Mercy1

Mercy1 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    It's a car - just a car!
    Well, since many theatre companies, train companies, airlines, etc have the nerve to charge you a booking fee when you buy their tickets (how else are you supposed to use their services other than to buy a ticket??), then this is not surprising in the rip off world of big business. One of my pet hates...

3. Welfoc

Welfoc Member

Car:
    2010 C63 AMG
    Its a classic - and what a great deal too!
    A fine example of proof reading :thumb: NOT

4. verytalldave

verytalldave Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W203 C200K Cubanite
    This is how ASDA explain it..................

Still isn't clear to me either.........

[​IMG] *Making deliveries more convenient we offer you the option to collect your order from your nearest Asda store. Why not collect your items when you complete your weekly Grocery shop?

To celebrate 21 years of George we will be offering you this service Free for 21 days from the 2nd June until 23rd June. Available on all George and Asda Direct items that are displayed with an in store collect option, regardless of order value. Offer ends 23rd June. Standard terms and charges apply to all home deliveries.

Please see the list of stores you can collect your items from. If you select "Collect in-store" in your basket, you'll be asked to choose your local store during checkout.

5. whitenemesis

whitenemesis MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2016
    George and Asda Direct is an online shop with delivery direct to your home, normally with cost. Now they are saying they will 'deliver' your order to an Asda store, at no cost, for you to collect.

Simples :D

6. moonloops

moonloops Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
    I think it is very badly worded, they should have said, "We will pick and pack the goods ready for you to pick up, safe in the knowledge you don't have to mingle with the great unwashed, knuckle dragging, drooling pond scum that are Asda customers :D

7. jocasta

jocasta Active Member

Car:
    SLK 350 Obsidian Black
    There's usually a charge to collect items instore Delivery Charges & Destinations

they're now offering this service free for a limited amount of time.

I don't quite understand why they do charge for collection from store at all, it's like charging someone for going shopping and TBH I would want to be paid to enter an ASDA store :rolleyes:

8. Mercy1

Mercy1 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    It's a car - just a car!
    Sorry, this still doesn't wash. I can accept a charge for them delivering to my home - but how they "deliver" their own goods between their premises is entirely a matter for them - not a "cost" or "no cost" issue at all for the customer.

9. whitenemesis

whitenemesis MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2016
    Agreed but just see it for what it is, a marketing ploy. Just like any "Sale" or "BOGOF" offer, none of which cost the retailer anything but sounds advantageous to J. Public

It doesn't have to "wash", if you don't like/agree with it don't patronise the store. It's not compulsory!

10. Rich27

Rich27 Active Member

Car:
    190e 300TD
    Typical Asda.

Here is a pic I took the other day in there.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.