Free Map Updates - well, almost!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dippo, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Dippo

Dippo Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E220 W213
    There was a previous thread about problems downloading the free map updates on the W213; most people seemed to get stuck at around 66% completed. The solution was to go to Mercedes Me, and download the updates onto an SD card. This worked for me last time.

I've just noticed on Mercedes Me that there are more updates available, so I started the manual download process. The site then told me my version of download manager needed to be updated, and that to do that, I needed the latest version of Adobe Air.

The latest version of Adobe Air is chargeable.

So it seems that for my free updates I have a choice between a free in car system which doesn't work, or an online download system which isn't free!

2. DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood MB Club Veteran

Car:
    BMW 740Li
    How much?

3. OP
    OP
    Dippo

Car:
    E220 W213
    The cheapest version I could see was £16.44 per month; I didn't check the detail to see what you got with each variant.

4. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
  5. OP
    OP
    Dippo

Car:
    E220 W213

Thanks - you got me thinking along the right lines. Last time I did the download I was using Firefox. Since then, I've switched to Opera, so I didn't have Adobe Air for Opera installed. I've now gone back into Mercedes Me on Firefox, and it took me to an update page for Adobe Air, rather than a new installation page.

Map downloads are currently in progress.

1 person likes this.
Tags: