Free Map Updates - well, almost!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dippo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus ES
There was a previous thread about problems downloading the free map updates on the W213; most people seemed to get stuck at around 66% completed. The solution was to go to Mercedes Me, and download the updates onto an SD card. This worked for me last time.

I've just noticed on Mercedes Me that there are more updates available, so I started the manual download process. The site then told me my version of download manager needed to be updated, and that to do that, I needed the latest version of Adobe Air.

The latest version of Adobe Air is chargeable.

So it seems that for my free updates I have a choice between a free in car system which doesn't work, or an online download system which isn't free!

How much?

The cheapest version I could see was £16.44 per month; I didn't check the detail to see what you got with each variant.

Most probably you only need the free runtime:

https://get.adobe.com/air/

And not the full retail package.

Thanks - you got me thinking along the right lines. Last time I did the download I was using Firefox. Since then, I've switched to Opera, so I didn't have Adobe Air for Opera installed. I've now gone back into Mercedes Me on Firefox, and it took me to an update page for Adobe Air, rather than a new installation page.

Map downloads are currently in progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom