Free Mercedes world event

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just returned from MB live..what a day..the sounds of the V8 AMG's ,the F1 cars were amazing..smell of burning rubber and the deafening exhaust note of AMG's was out of this world..Lewis did a burn out an donuts in the McLaren..Thanks to Proser(mark) for the spare guest ticket..great company and a day to remember.. Ross, Mika, Heiki, Coultard, Lewis were so near which was amazing..

What an awsome day, the sound of all of those 63 engines and the F1 cars was amazing. However, the day was made unreal when my brother manged to get us into the McLaren tent and we got to meet Lewis Hamilton.

Yep, I went this morning with a few guests :)

It was a good event and I did enjoy going, just a shame it was a bit on the cold side/overcast etc (what you expect in November I guess :eek:)

Never seen so many gullwings in one place together, F1 and DTM cars were awesome (if too cold/damp to get much traction). Plenty of AMGs as you'd expect and even caught a glimpse of the Brabus 'Bullit'.

Nice idea from MB - perhaps they'll do others similar in the future.

I had to leave early (just before 1). Was there much talk on the SLS?

Thanks for all the photos in the other thread too guys :cool:

Will

Went to MB World for first time today having got the free tickets. Had forgotten what queueing was like but know now. F1 and DTM cars sounded fantastic, Amg 's looked great on an off the track, Gullwings new and old and Safety car ditto. Waiting for food at £10.00 not so good but will certainly return when not so crowded.

Ummm-Those organic burgers at £5 a pop weren't that great....and £1.70 for a Coke is a bit steep-Mind you a small bottle of water was £2. Not worth the hour's queue. Great day otherwise-Sandwiches next year:thumb:

My ears are still ringing from the F1's. And I thought aircraft were LOUD!

Excellent day out!..............Well worth the 200mile + journey to see some great demonstration drives from the F1 boys and the Silver Arrows display team.
I did not get a chance to get inside the building (horrendous queues) but will certainly visit Mercedes Benz World again when it is not quite so busy.
Nice photos from others already posted on other thread :thumb:
I agree with the comment from Kovalainen...........Great event MB..........lets have one of these every year!

I know we're supposed to put pics in the other thread, but I can't complete with the quality of those and this is a big thanks to Graeme from two very happy children:D

My 6 year old son took this one from my shoulders - he and his sister were just transfixed by being so close to 'that man' Lewis.

DSC09086.jpg

Am i the only person that thought it was a little lame.

I have been very ill all week since this event and today is the first time I have just about been able to hold down some food since eating a very expensive and rather undercooked bacon roll from one of the catering vans on site. :mad:

5 days without food, now very weak indeed but on the plus side I'm back in the 10 stone bracket for the first time in I dont know how long.

Did anyone else suffer after this event?

I have been very ill all week since this event and today is the first time I have just about been able to hold down some food since eating a very expensive and rather undercooked bacon roll from one of the catering vans on site. :mad:

5 days without food, now very weak indeed but on the plus side I'm back in the 10 stone bracket for the first time in I dont know how long.

Did anyone else suffer after this event?

I had something to eat there and was ok.

Bearing in mind you were ill for 5 days, I would say that it sounds something more like the winter vomiting bug/Norovirus rather than your typical food poisoning? The bacon could be a red herring - much more likely through direct contamination one way or another.

I had an awful spell of Norovirus (I think!) earlier this year, worst Gastro-type bug I've ever had I think. Literally drains everything out of you, went on for days - important to keep properly hydrated and replace the lost electrolytes etc.

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom