Free-of-charge accident recovery for all mercedes-benz drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A first class piece of marketing, "identify your customer and their needs and satisfy those with your relevant product offer"
I won't be using it but full marks to whoever is doing their job so well in MB Marketing.

Last edited:
Free breakdown cover next with of course free recovery to the nearest MB dealer in
the event of them likely not to fix it at the roadside.........

Free breakdown cover next with of course free recovery to the nearest MB dealer in
the event of them likely not to fix it at the roadside.........

I think they already have that (well to a degree - with a service history).

Indeed - a brilliant piece of marketing, and a brilliant sales tactic! May even make life easier when dealing with your insurance company trying to choose an "approved garage".

I like it! May even use it in the event I have an accident... or someone runs a supermarket trolley into the door...

That's very nice of them, but I think I'll use the bodyshop of my choice or the one my insurer nominates.

one my insurer nominates.

The last bodyshop that I would like to use. Monkeys who are reduced to the lowest labour rate by the insurance company procurement department.

I would be very surprised if they consider quality of work in the approval process.

A first class piece of marketing, "identify your customer and their needs and satisfy those with your relevant product offer"
I won't be using it but full marks to whoever is doing their job so well in MB Marketing.

More likely they realised that Audi have been doing this (via a third party) for years and that BMW have been pushing it at their customer base.

So it's 'marketing' as in noticing that others had spotted an opportunity and copying it.

The last bodyshop that I would like to use. Monkeys who are reduced to the lowest labour rate by the insurance company procurement department.

Mileage varies on this.

Of the local bodyshops the two that I would personally choose are often the ones nominated by insurers anyway.

Not for us self service lads,but bless them they are willing to tow us
to their body shop should we have an accident......no ta.

If the customer gets the repair done via MB I bet they will charge the recovery fee to the insurance company

I don't understand all the negative comments. I would rather Mercedes fix my car than Joe Bloggs bodyshop. At the end of the day the insurance will pay so no issue with cost.

Ah.. free accident management service... what next? 'No win no fee MB solicitors"?

I don't understand all the negative comments. I would rather Mercedes fix my car than Joe Bloggs bodyshop. At the end of the day the insurance will pay so no issue with cost.

You would... but some wouldn't.

Most car dealers do not have in-house body shop and outsource the panel beating and respray to a local body shop anyway.

Some people prefer to use their own trusted panel beater.

And keep in mind that if your vehicle is the only car involved in the crash then you would want to at least consider the option of a low-cost self-paid repair to avoid the premium hike resulting from an insurance cliam.

(New car, parked on a side street, lorry took off the rear quartet panel, drove away and no one saw the registration mark. Called my insurance, made a claim and took the car to the dealer, had the rear wing and light cluster replaced and resprayed at considerable cost - I am not paying, right? Following year my premium went up by the same amount as my claim.... and the year after that... for the next 3 years. I won't be doing that mistake again).

More likely they realised that Audi have been doing this (via a third party) for years and that BMW have been pushing it at their customer base.

So it's 'marketing' as in noticing that others had spotted an opportunity and copying it.

I think many manufacturers, and a lot of dealer groups, push this sort of thing. They want to get their hands on the car before the insurance company does.

We certainly have a little card that came with our Honda and Mitsubishi make great pains of stressing to call Mitsubishi Assistance in the event of any accident or incident. And both those covers are overall way more extensive than MB's Mobilo too.

If they were any good at software, the car could be calling it in just before impact as it is winding up the windows!

My old VW had an SOS button built in for this, I was surprised the MB setup didn't.

If they were any good at software, the car could be calling it in just before impact as it is winding up the windows!

My old VW had an SOS button built in for this, I was surprised the MB setup didn't.

MB have a system available with COMAND online that will make an automatic emergency call and transmit GPS coordinates if the car's emergency safety systems are deployed.

BMW have been doing something similar for a while if you have the connected version of iDrive.

Other manufacturers are no doubt offering or about to offer similar setups.

BMW have been doing something similar for a while if you have the connected version of iDrive.

I had that on my 2008 M5. It was so good that when I aquaplaned and wrote my car off, the guy was talking to me even before the car come to it's final resting position!

My 2010 c63 doesn't have it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom