free ponies....woohoo!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonl

Car
SLK230
got my car dyno'ed this w/e (for fun). std spec - no mods. book says 193bhp. i got 202.6bhp! yippeee!!! :D :bannana:

dastek_20041106.jpg

simonl said:
oh yes. dash lit up like an xmas tree lol.
You might have more power than it states then! ASR will reduce the performance figures slightly, this is why I was working on a by-pass switch using oem parts so I could disconnect all the driver aids at once for rolling road tests.

apparently being an auto didn't help either. i could scan the graph if anyone's that interested. peak power was @ 190kph (~120mph). sounded no bad too - tho not as nice as the scoobys. mmmmmm. pant-wettingly good. even more fun next w/e as i'll be going for a wee spin round Knockhill. Hopefully i'll get some piccys (and keep it on the tarmac) :D

I am not at all suprised at your results. I have experienced this myself and also read elsewhere that the 193BHP from this engine is very modest.

The sound is sweet huh?

I guess you had ASR in the "off" position (which really means only half off - does not cut engine torque but does try to brake rear wheels), however althought the light flashes, according to the handbook will not be operational above 50mph max. Your dyno was peaking at much higher speed than that so your resaults shouldn't be affected by the ASR.

The other explanation for the higher BHP (I do honestly believe it's genuine however) is how you came to the figure of 202.BHP. The number I am REALLY interested in was how much power was measured at the wheels? Especially with an auto, the power at the flywheel was probably calculated from the power measured at the wheels and depending on what transmission loss was measured or assumed, this can alter the end BHP results dramtically.

If you have plots I would be very interested and as I say, rear wheel BHP I would love to know as this is what I want to compare with mine - same engine, manual transmission.

We will have to allow some margin of difference, as unfortunatly dyno's do vary, but the dyno I used which is respected for being acurate (0.01%, G-Force in Aylesbury) measured 166.8 BHP at the wheels.

The only real difference is you had your peak power measured at 120mph. Mine was measured at ~85mph in 3rd gear, as that was what their dyno was pre-configured for. I do think the car give the impression of pulling better at the higher speeds though, but I guess boost and therefore peak BHP is relative to rpm, not mph.

My Charts

I doubt my CLK430 AMG backbox has made any difference, but I can always be persuaded to find out, I'd love to hear it on a dyno now anyway if any one is up for it again. We have some new owners that must want their BHP verefied? McGreggor - C43 McLaren, Grav888 E55 etc?

Last edited:
Shude said:
You might have more power than it states then! ASR will reduce the performance figures slightly, this is why I was working on a by-pass switch using oem parts so I could disconnect all the driver aids at once for rolling road tests.
http://pages.prodigy.net/jforgione/MB_asr.html
this wont work directly for you - but the principle should be the same - if you can find which pin is the same on yours...

alternativly - disconnect an abs sensor or two (or four)..?

GrahamC230K said:
some owners that must want their BHP verefied? McGreggor - C43 McLaren, Grav888 E55 etc?

I,m up for this, but not until 2-3 weeks time.
Mine is going away for a while to be played with. :devil: :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom