Free service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian 1

Car
MB A Class 180d sport
Hi all, had my first free service this month at Nottingham Mercedes-Benz, all went well, a detailed description was in my folder, I was surprised that a car with 20k on the clock had slight wear on the left-hand front track rod end, (we could do that sir for £85) however, I was very pleased, it was presented to me washed and looking excellent.any comments would-be good......

Hi all, had my first free service this month at Nottingham Mercedes-Benz, all went well, a detailed description was in my folder, I was surprised that a car with 20k on the clock had slight wear on the left-hand front track rod end, (we could do that sir for £85) however, I was very pleased, it was presented to me washed and looking excellent.any comments would-be good......

How do you mean 'free service'...?

Did you take out a service plan?

Or had a service bundled with the car when purchased from the dealer?

Etc..

ours is booked in for it's first "free" service in a few weeks time. free as in bundled in with car purchase.
they have thrown in a free loan car for the day which they now seem to charge £50 for if paying for a normal service.

A loaner only costs £15 + vat, if you have a service plan.

I'm sorry but the word 'free' does not figure in the stealer dictionary:rolleyes::D

Glad your happy with the car:thumb:

Hi all, had my first free service this month at Nottingham Mercedes-Benz

A loaner only costs £15 + vat, if you have a service plan.
In eight years of Mercedes-Benz ownership I've never paid for a loan car whether mine was on PAYG servicing or (more recently) a ServiceCare Plan :dk:

I'm afraid I'd not want my car washed at the dealership. I doubt the two bucket method is even considered.

Yes you can use the two-buckets-method with just one bucket.

But it involves a lot of very quick emptying and filling, emptying and filling, emptying and filling, emptying and filling.....

Yes you can use the two-buckets-method with just one bucket.

But it involves a lot of very quick emptying and filling, emptying and filling, emptying and filling, emptying and filling.....

Considering that I am a few stone overweight, I need the exercise, and would suggest the emptying, filling, emptying method to anyone else who needs to trim down a bit.

My car is at the front of the house and the water butts are around the back, so a good car washing session may well be good for my heart, as well as burning some needless calories.

Considering that I am a few stone overweight, I need the exercise, and would suggest the emptying, filling, emptying method to anyone else who needs to trim down a bit.

My car is at the front of the house and the water butts are around the back, so a good car washing session may well be good for my heart, as well as burning some needless calories.

fit a pump to the water butt?

I'm afraid I'd not want my car washed at the dealership. I doubt the two bucket method is even considered.

My dealer definitely does not use the two bucket method, they've got a automatic car wash. Needless to say I don't let them wash it:fail

At Mercedes-Benz of Nottingham they outsource the valeting to Motorclean and they do use the two bucket method - well they are trained and told to do so anyway.

In eight years of Mercedes-Benz ownership I've never paid for a loan car whether mine was on PAYG servicing or (more recently) a ServiceCare Plan :dk:

Mercedes Canterbury (Lookers Group) certainly do now. Never been charged before, when they were Vikings Canterbury (Been using them since 2006) and this is the first time.

For the shorter duration services, I have often used their drop you in town service however, as my wife's dementia gets worse, spending too long wandering round town is not so appealing (only so many coffees you can drink:crazy:). So opted for the courtesy car.

How do you mean 'free service'...?

Did you take out a service plan?

Or had a service bundled with the car when purchased from the dealer?

Etc..
Sorry for delay, I was given 2 free services with the deal Mark.....Thanks all for your comments.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom