• Yes now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes sometime in the future

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • No never

Votes: 62 95.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coupe deville

Car
93 E320 coupe sportline facelift
Should the Yorkshire ripper be released from prison

Thing is, they're not releasing him totally. Just from the mental prison to a normal prison!

If you asked if he should be released totally (into society) then NO.

He won't last in a normal prison, even "on protection", someone will want to make a name for themselves and do him in.

Well - as generations move on - some of the youngerpeople won't know about him or his doings...

And then compared to whats going on nowadays - it'll be the norm...

A sad state of affairs, but roaming the streets nowadays is not fun... especially with teenage gangs carrying guns and no respect for anybody...etc

Add on the masochistic characteristics of mentally disturbed individuals being highlighted nowadays - the yorkshire ripper just seemed a little advanced in his time.

Bring back the death penalty and castration - violent crime figures will soon drop!

he deserves to spend the rest of his life huddled up in a corner of a cell fearing for his life

not sure if people are aware but him & hindley actually recorded the audio of the women as they did what they did to them so they could listen back to it later

hung, drawn & quartering would be about right

Do a new poll:

Was the 'Free the Yorkshire ripper ?' poll the most pointless ever poll on this site?

I mean FFS, what is the point of this sh*te :crazy:

I'm grumpy this evening, clearly.

Seeing as animal tissue is different to human tissue, perhaps experimenting on the likes of Sutcliffe and Hindley to find cures for human OR animal illness's would be the way to go :rock:

Do a new poll:

Was the 'Free the Yorkshire ripper ?' poll the most pointless ever poll on this site?

chill out Moronicich, its just a comparison between Biggsy and the ripper, Biggsy winning

he deserves to spend the rest of his life huddled up in a corner of a cell fearing for his life

Much as I like to rant about some of the human rights nonsense that's out there and spout 'hanging is to good for them' I disagree.

A *decent* society tries to build a humane sentencing framework that attempts to deal with a convicted criminal. It's hard (how do you consider the punishment for crime X compared with crime Y) and the extreme cases, exceptions, and anomalies will always raise public debate.

However I think there is a major anomaly in the system and that is that a murderer who kills 13 others is not sentenced such that they spend their entire life in prison.

In simple terms if you commit multiple crimes should should serve consecutive terms for each instead of getting what is in effect a volume discount on your sentence for the whole batch of victims.

And no fairly sentenced prisoner should end up huddling in their cell fearing for their life.

In simple terms if you commit multiple crimes should should serve consecutive terms for each
Totally agree.

no fairly sentenced prisoner should end up huddling in their cell fearing for their life.
True, but I have little sympathy if it does happen- he's made the bed so he can lie in it.

RH

not sure if people are aware but him & hindley actually recorded the audio of the women as they did what they did to them so they could listen back to it later

hung, drawn & quartering would be about right

Sorry,you are getting your mass murderers mixed. Hindley was with Bradey. Sutcliffe acted alone.

Always worry about people who want savage punishment above and beyond either imprisonment or death. Whats their hang up and are they as violent in life as they are in speech? If so, they are part of the problem not part of the solution.

There has never been any evidence in this country that severe punishment results in reduced offending by others,much as one wishes it was so.
Castration, either chemical or physical does little to reduce sex offending as it's in the head not the loins and is more about power and inflicting pain than sex. Now we are back to the savage punishment people and their desire to inflict pain albiet in their minds rightly.Rapists are often "punishing" women for perceived wrongs. Is there much of a difference between the two mind sets ?

Keep him in jail where he belongs. He intentionally did those terrible things and should be punished appropriately, and releasing him isn't appropriate. It sends out a bad message to the public that just because you're old but you've been a bad criminal in your past that you're entitled to some sort of mercy.

Keep him in jail where he belongs. He intentionally did those terrible things and should be punished appropriately, and releasing him isn't appropriate. It sends out a bad message to the public that just because you're old but you've been a bad criminal in your past that you're entitled to some sort of mercy.

Not sure if you're talking about Biggs or Sutcliffe - but WRT Sutcliffe his defense would argue about "intentionally".

He was found to be insane - which is why he was in a secure hospital - and therefore not capable of understanding the consequences of his intentions.

I find the morality to this hard to reconcile - on one hand he was diagnosed with a severe mental disorder which is said to be the root cause of the heinous crimes he committed, and he is now said to be "cured" or has the condition under control through a medical regime. On the other, he's guilty of taking the life of 13 women with a hammer, screwdriver and knife. Is it fair to keep a man locked up when, at the time, he was not responsible for his actions? But who would be accountable if he assaulted or murdered again after release?

I'm glad I don't have to make these decisions.

Do a new poll:

Wouldn't put it in such strong terms but have to agree with your sentiments.
Next week -Do Bears **** in the woods? Is the Pope Catholic?
You Decide!

chill out Moronicich, its just a comparison between Biggsy and the ripper, Biggsy winning
:mad: This is a joke right? I cannot believe you are drawing comparisons between Ronnie Biggs and that evil, vile, masochistic murdering b*****d Sutcliff. Bad taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom