FREE Wipers from MB (with health check)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
OK so we know they will issue a list of work that 'needs' doing as long as your arm but if you need wipers it may be worth a shot

Spring Health Check

I didn't know that about the 'wear indicator' is that the white mercedes logo? Turns yellow when they're worn down and moisture gets to the indicator...

I'm booked in for an MOT tomorrow so will ask about my free wipers mine do smear a little.

Darn!

Replaced the clapped out wiper blades on my wife's SLK three weeks ago :doh:

If you've got an older car with a monowiper, the spot is utterly useless as it's on the underside when the wiper is parked. :fail

I didn't know that about the 'wear indicator' is that the white mercedes logo? Turns yellow when they're worn down and moisture gets to the indicator...

I'm booked in for an MOT tomorrow so will ask about my free wipers mine do smear a little.

I was told the indicator reacted to UV light and was more a time thing rather than any physical wear response. Mine tends to turn after approx 6 months

Ive just registered for my check up, nothing to do with having worn out wiper of course.

Last edited:
If you've got an older car with a monowiper, the spot is utterly useless as it's on the underside when the wiper is parked. :fail

Yes correct, I believe this is because they never bothered making a RHD version as on the LHD cars it would be sitting the correct way up :mad:

The owners manual says that wipers need to be replaced every 6 months.

The yellow dot on my MB wipers became fully visible after 5-6 months.

Yet the wipers themselves are good for 12-18 months, no smearing or creaking, wiping perfectly, before finally needing replacement.

So I think MB are being a bit overzealous on this issue.

I was told the indicator reacted to UV light and was more a time thing rather than any physical wear response. Mine tends to turn after approx 6 months

Oh right, I assumed it was like how a brake wear indicator works. The rubber wears exposing a 'litmus' paper like thing which then absorbs water and changes colour.

Mine are still pure white and I've had them a few years. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing, will check.

Yes correct, I believe this is because they never bothered making a RHD version as on the LHD cars it would be sitting the correct way up :mad:

Exactly that, the MB star marking is also LHD biased

I never understood this yellow dot indicator thing. Surely we all replace our wiper blades when they no longer perform as we would like them to

Free wiper blades in return for:

New discs and pads all round
Bushes
Flux Capacitor
Tyres
Anything remotely consumable

Oh sir the bill is £45800 + VAT

"If your wiper blades squeak, smear or streak, they are no longer making the correct contact with the windshield surface."

My wipers were slightly noisy direct from the factory, cheap Tesco wiper on old E class completely silent. (Although the mono wiper motor had such momentum it would gently sway the car side to side :))

Free wiper blades in return for:

New discs and pads all round
Bushes
Flux Capacitor
Tyres
Anything remotely consumable

Oh sir the bill is £45800 + VAT

Sir, your wipers need replacing. How about a new FREE set, they come attached to this new C-Class, which we will bill you for of course :bannana:

I replied to this on Tuesday, still waiting for a reply. Not sure why they bother, it just makes them look poor.

Dots on the end of mine are a greenish colour. I guess they will self-destruct shortly

The owners manual says that wipers need to be replaced every 6 months.

The yellow dot on my MB wipers became fully visible after 5-6 months.

Yet the wipers themselves are good for 12-18 months, no smearing or creaking, wiping perfectly, before finally needing replacement.

Mine have been on for at least 6yrs. The fronts are fine, but the rear one is a bit ropey. I've had a set in garage since before winter but not felt they needed to be changed.

I note the offer says they'll change them if needed. And I think on the MB website it says front or rear - although I did see Lookers website saying they change both.

Hmm mine are yellow and definitely need changing. I got the email about the spring check, may book it in and then phone up to see if my car is on the recall list, they can sort it all out at once then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom