Freezing night - How confident are you that your car will start tomorrow?

How confident are you that your car will start tomorrow?

• Very confident

Votes: 86 89.6%
  • Quite confident

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Averagely so

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Not very

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No chance

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
With the coldest night of the winter forecast for this evening, how confident are you that your car will start tomorrow morning?

Very.

New battery 2 years ago.
New fuel pipes last year.

No worries here.

Edit and after thought.

Might take me a while to get firing on all cylinders though.

Last edited:
Poll now added :)

even on waste veg oil i'm certain the car will start. Its a OM606

if in the unlikely event it doesnt i have plenty of spare cars to jump from ;)

Hope so, I'm 200 miles from home tonight and don't fancy being stuck here!

Never had any problems, as tempting of fate it is to say that.

However, anything around minus 2 or 3 and the washer fluid refuses to come through the pipe, regardless of how concentrated it is. Once drove for four hours before it started to work, luckily it was early morning and there weren't many cars I had to pass to filthy my windscreen

No reason why it wouldn't :)

People worry too much these days, unless you've got a duff battery it'll always start :D

Just picked up a 23 year old Mercedes with 170k miles from 600-700ft above sea level at minus 5c that had been standing for 9 months. Connected battery, fired it straight up, let it warm up to thaw some of the ice and driven home by a friend ~ 30 miles with no issues whatsoever :cool:

Will

unless you've got a duff battery it'll always start :D

AA man on telly said that most of their call outs this time of year are due to dead batteries. My experience has been that batteries quickly go from being A1 to dead, especially with low temperatures.

So, as a precaution I changed my 6 year old car battery this evening. For £65 it's given me peace of mind. :)

But now what to do with the old but otherwise working battery? I already have one 82Ah battery spare in the garage, I don't need two. Might just give it away at work.

Used to find that dodgy diesel injectors would give up in the cold weather.

It's at home in the middle of a wood in Sussex, I'm in Staffs.
If it gets below freezing it will be exceptional

BMW will start with a chug and settle down. Volvo will humm into life on first turn of key

ETA Volvo been stood for 4 days in the snow. Started on first turn today.

mines sitting in my garage which is surrounded by ICE but im sure it will start fine, but i travel to work by train so there she will stay till the weekend .

I'm not superstitious but I said "quite" confident rather than "very" ;)

It does sound amazing when it fires into life on a cold morning though, really quite raw and throaty.

It does sound amazing when it fires into life on a cold morning though, really quite raw and throaty.

Different engine, but similar feeling inside I imagine....I remember starting my Elise on cold mornings, which had an aftermarket exhaust.....it would echo around, sounding wonderful, but I did feel slightly embarrassed about making such a noise at 6:30am.....happy days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom