Freezing night - How confident are you that your car will start tomorrow?

How confident are you that your car will start tomorrow?

• Very confident

Votes: 86 89.6%
  • Quite confident

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Averagely so

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Not very

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No chance

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The V70, no problem, came from a cold place.

The E220 cabriolet, currently in the garage on trickle charge but I suspect it would no problem.

Land Rover Series III, give it a couple of goes and a bit of choke and she'll get there.

Range Rover V8 carb, no chance, hasn't run for 2 years to my shame.

With the coldest night of the winter forecast for this evening, how confident are you that your car will start tomorrow morning?

I'm very confident mine won't start........

I'm not going anywhere.

Here in Paris it's the kind of cold that gives you a sharp pain between your shoulder blades. Brrr.

Audi has an 8? year old battery but is used daily and (famous last words) has never failed to start since we've had it.

Vito has the uprated battery option (100Ah) and has recently has the failed glowplug replaced, so should be fine.

SL is on a maintenance charger in the garage so battery is at 100% - I don't doubt it would start, but it's not going anywhere on salted roads!

Today is tomorrow. 1995 124 300D 24V parked outside all night. First pull, no worries - she's a good un.

Only -9 according to the outside thermometer on the garage wall.

Thanks for the update John :) How about anyone else.....any issues?

It was a mild -3 here, so my car easily started. Most undramatic.

211 - no problem - had a new battery fitted in December.

Clio - no chance - died on Sunday - must remember to get AA homestart out....

C220CDI, will start as soon as the glow plug icon goes out on the dash.

Never failed in the cold even at -17 degrees one morning last year.

My car has never ever failed to start (touch wood), I am confident as long as the battery is ok it will definitely start first time.

E220 CDI has 2 or 3 glow plugs out and will start no problem, even if all 4 plugs werent working it would still start, such an efficient engine, it dont really need them:p

No chance at all. Parked my 560 up 2 months ago, covered it up. Alarm ran the battery down:doh:

My Discovery 1 v8 - ultra reliable:thumb:

Car started first flick of the key not bad for having covered 236,000 miles eh

No problem with mine other than the fact that its seems even noisier when it's cold :) My neighbours love me as I leave at 6 every morning.

If it looks like snow or a heavy frost, then it goes in the garage. But other than a couple of nights recently, it's not been THAT cold all winter.

And before anyone says anything, I know it's cold elsewhere in the country - particularly up north. Down here in sunny Winchester it just doesn't get that cold. Last weekend I'm sure we were the only part of the country that didn't get any snow.

No problems at all....even my 31 year old scirocco starts first time if I leave it out in this weather! Just all good maintainance nothing else.....

Amazingly it was ok, sceptical, as not putting many miles on her over the last couple of months

U never know....
my octavia (for winter driving to work) never problem in winter, but sudenly baterry gone... still original baterry after 7! years... new from 65quit :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom