French doors = bird killers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Or these KillerHERTZ ..............

thumbnail.aspx

It's not only birds that try to go "through" french doors...
...don't ask.

(I was 12 and the door didn't break)

Back in the day. I worked for Sun Microsystems and in their Livingston plant in Scotland there was an absolutely perfect imprint of an owl in flight (well almost) on one of the glass walkways between the two buildings. I figure the window cleaners must have been told to leave lone, as I recall it was there for some time.

Surprised this has not been mentioned before.

Hang a couple of CD's from string outside in front of the door. The reflection of the sun will scare them off. CD's without a printed top work best as both sides are reflective.

Also silver foil wrapping paper cut into long strips that move about in the wind are alright as well.

Both are better than sticking massive pictures of hawks on your windows!

Surprised this has not been mentioned before.

Hang a couple of CD's from string outside in front of the door. The reflection of the sun will scare them off. CD's without a printed top work best as both sides are reflective.

Also silver foil wrapping paper cut into long strips that move about in the wind are alright as well.

Both are better than sticking massive pictures of hawks on your windows!

Id prefer to have silhouettes of birds on my windows than looking like the home of one of those fruitloops who is convinced that Aliens/CIA/Goverment are monitoring them, so they walk around with tin-foil on their heads etc.

As per the thread in the main forum, just noticed the now late Ferdinand Alexander Porsche had those bird stickers on his window:

2051208.003.Mini3L.jpg

You should change your French Doors immediately.

Don't you know that they don't work properly this side of the channel?

Saw a house once that had a similar shadow but of a spider's web - apparently that also did the trick.

Nice study that...makes mine look at least not quite as untidy as it really is.

Signed Mr Trebers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom