French tractors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bellow

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
C2500 350, 450
Your help please.
Struggling to think of French owned companies that make tractors and other agricultural equipment that is sold in the UK. Any ideas? Only Renault is coming to my mind, but I think they might be defunct.
TIA.

Renault made tractors in their factory at Le Mans.

They were taken over by Claas not long ago ( 2000 2005 ? ), where tractors are still (?) produced.

I can't think of any remaining French constructor.

There are, I believe, factories of foreign companies that build/assemble in France: John Deere? New Holland/Fiat ex Someca?

Would it be indiscreet to ask why?

I thought this was going to be a thread about Peugeot diesels.

Thanks all. No French agri kit sold in the area, so search is over.

Would it be indiscreet to ask why?

Trying to source locally a Total product. Agricultural outlets tend to stock lubricants from the same country as the equipment they sell, hence the search for French. I'll go straight to Total.

Thanks all. No French agri kit sold in the area, so search is over.

Trying to source locally a Total product. Agricultural outlets tend to stock lubricants from the same country as the equipment they sell, hence the search for French. I'll go straight to Total.

Good luck. :)

There's lots of choice, and off the top of my head are:
Kuhn Farm Machinery
Gregoire Besson
Sulky fertiliser (imported by Reco)
Rolland Trailers
Tecnoma sprayers
Berthoud sprayers
Even Massey Ferguson tractors are now built in France at Beauvais

They'll all be sold through farm machinery dealers.

On davidmi's Manitou suggestion I spoke to a Manitou dealer who doeesn't stock Total (as mainly New Holland and lubes are Ambra) but told me the fuel supply place up his road are Total stockists. And they are - and will sell me the one or three cartridges I'm after. Ten miles away just, I'm heading over there this afternoon. Job done (I hope), thanks for all the advice, esp davidmi's. The Manitou connection got me to where I needed to be - cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom