Frequency Intelligent Exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Audio Addict

Car
2008 C63 AMG
Afternoon,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with FI exhausts particularly on a C63?

I’ve watched a few videos and they sound awesome but not heard one in the flesh.

How do they compare to the standard AMG exhaust with the secondary cats taken out, are they just louder or does it change the character of the sound in some way (I presume its louder)?

Thanks

FI, Armytrix or IPE all fairly similar characteristics...

Doesnt really change the character of sound that much at low rev, but at higher revs, it become LOUDER and can be a bit raspy for the whole system including the valvetronic backboxes. It is ridiculously LOUD if the headers are included!

I've found the FI system to be louder and harsher sounding than the IPE ones.

Not owned one myself but heard a good few of them. As mentioned above, "raspy" is a good word to describe the noise.

FI, Armytrix or IPE all fairly similar characteristics...

Doesnt really change the character of sound that much at low rev, but at higher revs, it become LOUDER and can be a bit raspy for the whole system including the valvetronic backboxes. It is ridiculously LOUD if the headers are included!

Thanks for the reply.

I planned on doing the headers anyway but was wondering whether to go with a full system as well but might just stick with headers on the AMG exhaust

Thanks for the reply.

I planned on doing the headers anyway but was wondering whether to go with a full system as well but might just stick with headers on the AMG exhaust

I have got IPE headers with sports cats through to OEM resonator and OEM backboxes at the moment.
It was a bit too loud for me initially and hence the OEM resonator was rewelded back on.
Now its just nice.

When age catches on, i might change the backboxes to Akrapovic ones as the tone it down further but maintains the loud DEEP growl when given its hoots.

Not a fan of the valvetronic backboxes as i can't see myself switching it on and off all the time. And i cold start in my garage, so not been too much for the neighbours.

You are more than welcome to come have a listen as i see you are around Hampshire.

I have got IPE headers with sports cats through to OEM resonator and OEM backboxes at the moment.
It was a bit too loud for me initially and hence the OEM resonator was rewelded back on.
Now its just nice.

When age catches on, i might change the backboxes to Akrapovic ones as the tone it down further but maintains the loud DEEP growl when given its hoots.

Not a fan of the valvetronic backboxes as i can't see myself switching it on and off all the time. And i cold start in my garage, so not been too much for the neighbours.

You are more than welcome to come have a listen as i see you are around Hampshire.

That would be great to compare the two, I live near Winchester where abouts are you? PM me if you prefer :thumb:

@sirius9 just noticed I can't use the PM facility because I haven't posted 30 times

I don't know why you would ever change the factory exhaust? It sounds perfect?

Now its just nice.

Do the IPE headers replace everything up to the OE resonator i.e. Secondary cats or, are there extra pieces of pipe needed to connect headers to the resonator?

I'm hoping the former, and that they connect up to the OE system with no cutting...?

Ang indication on price, and where to have these supplied/fitted?

On a side note, as I already have a Eurocharged V5 map, what's involved in updating it to bump the power that headers allow?

On a side note, as I already have a Eurocharged V5 map, what's involved in updating it to bump the power that headers allow?

The V5 is mean to be self adapting. But in some C63s, it might need updating to the V5 headers map. You wont know until you dyno post headers.

Do the IPE headers replace everything up to the OE resonator i.e. Secondary cats or, are there extra pieces of pipe needed to connect headers to the resonator?

I'm hoping the former, and that they connect up to the OE system with no cutting...?

Ang indication on price, and where to have these supplied/fitted?

IPE headers replace the primary and secondary cats with a straight pipe, up till the oem resonator. Its a bit extra with sports cats 200 cell.

You can speak to Acid of MSL to supply you. He has a set on sale on eBay i think.

i have an fi system on order with paul at eurocharged...order it five weeks ago!! it's taking it's time.

have gone for the valvetronic setup and leaving the headers standard

fingers crossed this will be fitted by the end of next week.

i have an fi system on order with paul at eurocharged...order it five weeks ago!! it's taking it's time.

have gone for the valvetronic setup and leaving the headers standard

fingers crossed this will be fitted by the end of next week.

When you have it fitted come back here and post your thoughts :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom