fresh air Cool Face & Warm Feet which cars do it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
Driving Home Late from leicester the other night really in need of a coffee but didnt want to stay awake till the early hours I Lamented that in all of my cars bar the 124 i cant have warm air on my feet / lower Body and cool Fresh air on my face A great combination when driving and feeling tired for minimising drowsiness onset . Currently what I do is to either
Turn Aircon To Cold ...... Wait for the heat to dissipate and the cold to kick In ( Yawn )
Open the Window get blasted on the side of my face , drown the stereo out with the noise
I then end up Cold ALL OVER !!!!!! so its on with the heating on MAX to warm up then its too warm and cosy drowsiness onset creeps in so back through the cycle again in the 124 I could have it Both ways with the heater on medium below and nice fresh air through the vents so which cars after this can do this ???
Boyd

I find even on cold my footwel remains very hot. I know this because my feet always smell after a long drive :(

AFAIK a useless BMW 316i i had years ago had this feature? Warm air as noted makes you drowsy.

My early 90s Rover 216GSI did. Only car I've known that could.

I do it sometimes by having my driver's side climate control on warm. Set the blower control to blow into footwell and front vents (not windscreen, unless needed) then turn off the front drivers side vents by closing them, and turn the passenger side climate control to cold, and point the front vents on that side, over to my face area.

Works a bit. It's kind of what you're after.

[QUOTEI find even on cold my footwel remains very hot. I know this because my feet always smell after a long drive ][/QUOTE]
I 'm sure i read somewhere that on the C63 some warm / hot air is bled into the footwell vent but not the upper vents so not necessarily your feet

Hmm I thought it was pretty standard to have central fresh air vents that were independent from the rest of the heating. My R129 definitely has this (same era as the 124 of course), pretty sure the Vito does, can't remember on the C Class!

Hmm I thought it was pretty standard to have central fresh air vents that were independent from the rest of the heating. My R129 definitely has this (same era as the 124 of course), pretty sure the Vito does, can't remember on the C Class!

I think the 210 does this too, will check later...funny how a car you drive everyday still makes you wonder what it does!

Hi Naraic . Your 210 will do it as it has the push button Climate and is not a Tempmatic (2 temperature wheels ) like mine Both Have aircon but the flaps and control system are completely different ) I did have a similar post on the other side a few years ago . I really miss it My next car has got to have it
I would love to swap the tempmatic for your system but I fear that is a behind the dash rebuild nightmare :eek:
Boyd

Didn't realise they phased it out after the W124... such a simple feature to add.
Definitely helps to have a cold air vent to avoid drowsyness. I guess you could open a window, but that's noisy.

All BMWs have this feature.

main-qimg-2da8e1c0ef6b42d21721bc3cc8eb82c6.jpg

You can set the air on your face a completely different temperature to the rest of the cabin, such a simple feature that I always forget about until I don't have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom