fresh air Cool Face & Warm Feet which cars do it ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tjamesbo, Apr 27, 2016.

1. tjamesbo

tjamesbo Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK430 ,Vito 3.0V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,1993 220TE Hobby , Mastercraft X5 5.7L
    Driving Home Late from leicester the other night really in need of a coffee but didnt want to stay awake till the early hours I Lamented that in all of my cars bar the 124 i cant have warm air on my feet / lower Body and cool Fresh air on my face A great combination when driving and feeling tired for minimising drowsiness onset . Currently what I do is to either
    Turn Aircon To Cold ...... Wait for the heat to dissipate and the cold to kick In ( Yawn )
    Open the Window get blasted on the side of my face , drown the stereo out with the noise
    I then end up Cold ALL OVER !!!!!! so its on with the heating on MAX to warm up then its too warm and cosy drowsiness onset creeps in so back through the cycle again in the 124 I could have it Both ways with the heater on medium below and nice fresh air through the vents so which cars after this can do this ???
    Boyd

2. StuartK

StuartK Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    F82 M4
    I find even on cold my footwel remains very hot. I know this because my feet always smell after a long drive :(

3. toffee-pie

toffee-pie Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Legacy 3.0R Spec.B 6MT
    AFAIK a useless BMW 316i i had years ago had this feature? Warm air as noted makes you drowsy.

4. Yugguy

Yugguy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C220CDI Elegance with Comand
    My early 90s Rover 216GSI did. Only car I've known that could.

5. MancMike

MancMike New Member

I do it sometimes by having my driver's side climate control on warm. Set the blower control to blow into footwell and front vents (not windscreen, unless needed) then turn off the front drivers side vents by closing them, and turn the passenger side climate control to cold, and point the front vents on that side, over to my face area.

Works a bit. It's kind of what you're after.

6. OP
    OP
    tjamesbo

Car:
    CLK430 ,Vito 3.0V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,1993 220TE Hobby , Mastercraft X5 5.7L
    [QUOTEI find even on cold my footwel remains very hot. I know this because my feet always smell after a long drive ][/QUOTE]
    I 'm sure i read somewhere that on the C63 some warm / hot air is bled into the footwell vent but not the upper vents so not necessarily your feet

1 person likes this.
  7. BTB 500

BTB 500 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
    Hmm I thought it was pretty standard to have central fresh air vents that were independent from the rest of the heating. My R129 definitely has this (same era as the 124 of course), pretty sure the Vito does, can't remember on the C Class!

8. renault12ts

renault12ts MB Club Veteran

Car:
    2005 W215 CL500.
    I think the 210 does this too, will check later...funny how a car you drive everyday still makes you wonder what it does!

9. OP
    OP
    tjamesbo

Car:
    Hi Naraic . Your 210 will do it as it has the push button Climate and is not a Tempmatic (2 temperature wheels ) like mine Both Have aircon but the flaps and control system are completely different ) I did have a similar post on the other side a few years ago . I really miss it My next car has got to have it
    I would love to swap the tempmatic for your system but I fear that is a behind the dash rebuild nightmare :eek:
    Boyd

1 person likes this.
  10. Newera

Newera Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W124 300D Turbo, E30 M3, R5 Turbo II, RX-7, AE86, CRX Glasstop, DC2 Type R, VTR SP2...
    Didn't realise they phased it out after the W124... such a simple feature to add.
    Definitely helps to have a cold air vent to avoid drowsyness. I guess you could open a window, but that's noisy.

11. gIzzE

gIzzE MB Club Veteran

Car:
    530d Touring + ML270 Inspiration
    All BMWs have this feature.

[​IMG]

You can set the air on your face a completely different temperature to the rest of the cabin, such a simple feature that I always forget about until I don't have it.

1 person likes this.
  12. moonloops

moonloops MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
    Yeah, it's called putting the heater on and winding your window down :D