Fresh air into cabin. How?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tafia

Car
Mercedes C180 1.6 petrol auto
Hi folks,

Driving my C Class recently - only had it 7 days so still going through the manual - I noticed the air in the cabin seemed to give me a sore throat and a dry nose.

With previous cars I have been able to set the heating system to give me a cool head with fresh air and warm feet from the system but the manual seems to be saying all air is dehmidified ( dry) which my sensitive throat doesn't like. Advice seems to be not to turn off the air con.

Can you advise the best setting to achieve fresh air with a bit of moisture to my face? I assume I have got the system incorrectly set up. Still learning.

:confused:

Cheers

T

I'd suggest leaving the system in "Auto" mode, but with the air-con turned off.

Don't forget to use the air-con periodically though, otherwise the compressor seals can harden and fail.

What year C class is it? Some models always deliver fresh air to the dashboard centre vents.
Do you have Thematic or Thermatronic ( digital/luxury) a/c? The later bleeds warm air to the footwell whilst delivering cooler air to the dash level.

The recommendation to keep the a/c on is best observed or you may start seeing a lot of condensation on the windows, especially at this time of year and through winter.

Thanks for your replies folks.

Model year is 2012 facelift. 62 reg. Executive.

System is Thermatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom