fresh cabin air?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aeromerc

I had to charge my battery up and unclipped the cover to find the entrance/filter for the cabin is part of the battery cover...

That seems to mean that the air i'm breathing in the car is a. from the hot engine compartment and b. sucking in battery fumes?

Is this common on modern cars? Anyone else have a problem or feel uneasy with this?

No the air does not suck in battery fumes and air from a hot engine. The air is sucked in from the top, on the outside not from inside the engine bay.

Not sure about the coupe, but with the saloon the air intake is above the battery.
The battery should be equipped with a long vent pipe that goes down check that is still in place

Wifes 203 is the same and the plastic over the battery is just an air guide and im pretty sure the air is sucked in from the top.
You wont smell battery fumes like you could years ago.

Lynall

when i bought my w203 the owner handed me the batt cover/aircon filter and said he hadent put it back on as he couldnt see why a battery required a filter under the bonnet,i just agreed with him rather than tell him he and his familey had sucking on oil and battery fumes,its back on now:doh::doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom