Fresh car c 350e estate not a good start !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soupy

Car
C 350e estate 2017
So bought a 2017 c350e estate in blue, lovely car. Picked it up having told the salesman the brakes needed checking as I felt a murder on the test drive. So I am assured everything has been done I drive off and into the motorway no issues. Come off at my junction and apply the brakes and the car is shaking and juddering. The next day I take the car back and a technician takes the car out with me in the passenger seat, he hits the brakes and is not happy the car is now juddering at 25mph. Back at the dealership a new set of vented discs and pads are fitted. Salesman nowhere to be seen. It seems that checking a vehicle is in full working order is a thing of the past, all they could say was it has been serviced. Now drives like a Merc should.

So bought a 2017 c350e estate in blue, lovely car. Picked it up having told the salesman the brakes needed checking as I felt a murder on the test drive. So I am assured everything has been done I drive off and into the motorway no issues. Come off at my junction and apply the brakes and the car is shaking and juddering. The next day I take the car back and a technician takes the car out with me in the passenger seat, he hits the brakes and is not happy the car is now juddering at 25mph. Back at the dealership a new set of vented discs and pads are fitted. Salesman nowhere to be seen. It seems that checking a vehicle is in full working order is a thing of the past, all they could say was it has been serviced. Now drives like a Merc should.
Could you name and shame the dealership?
Bad practice needs to be called out!

I was ready to buy "the right" C350e estate about four months ago. Had read the reviews and thought it seemed the right thing to do. Cash was in the account and ready to trot.

Found the right, low mileage car at a large, well-known, Steel City dealership and arranged a test drive.

Dreadful. Quality and presentation was poor, build quality seemed dubious, the computer told a story of laughably low mpg, and the car didn't have an ounce of electricity stored in the battery. Sales contact didn't have a clue about the car or the tech involved.

No-one had bothered to check out this £22k car mechanically or cosmetically.

(Not the actual car below, but the image helps tell the story)

C350e.jpg

Hi.
So the dealership is my local Marshalls branch, they seem more interested in a VIP event they were holding and of course I am not a VIP having bought a 4 year old car. Why are dealerships basically snobbish. Also the technician asked if I was told about Mercedes Me all so I can adjust some of the controls remotely, of course a was not told about it. Still I did save a nice accesorie from my old Viano and I am sure someone will want, it's a centre tray unit for between the 2 captain seats. Today I got a letter from Mercedes UK, confirming 2 free services for my car, not that the salesman told me about it. I had to point it out. Still car is great, only 12 miles on electric but I can live with that as the car drives great panoramic roof great, I have ordered a fixed wall charger thAt will be fitted next month £499, so life is okay.

Sadly, these complaints are all too common with Mercedes Benz Approved Used vehicles.

Poor (if at all) PDI, and broken promises, seem to be the norm these days.... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom