From a cobra to a R230

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ToeKnee

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
R230 SL500 in teal blue, R231 SL500 in black. (Vauxhall insignia diesel now sold) Black Ford Mondeo
Hi all, been reading many threads on this forum with great interest as I sold my Cobra replica to fund a R230 SL500. Well I collected my car on Tuesday and am really impressed with the whole package, it's a 2006 model with the 5.5l engine. Hopefully I'll fir in here, I was a major contributor to the cobra forum and am still on the committee there and am the club magazine editor and producer.

Attachments

• side crop.jpg
    side crop.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 43
Nice car. - Welcome!

I'm sure you'll fit in; I'm fairly new myself and already feel quite comfortable here.
(No excessively strong personalities who won't entertain any opinion other than their own, unlike some other forms I've been on.)

Yes welcome to the MB Club.

Welcome on board so do you have any plans or jobs you want to do to your new SL?

They're smoooooooth aren't they Tony...?

Welcome on board so do you have any plans or jobs you want to do to your new SL?

No nothing yet but who knows. I am quite the tinkerer so we'll see:)

They're smoooooooth aren't they Tony...?

Yes, it's all I wanted and more. Ok the raw acceleration isn't there compared to a lightweight body and a 450bhp small block but the almost silence in which this car accelerates is very intoxicating. :thumb:

Yes, it's all I wanted and more. Ok the raw acceleration isn't there compared to a lightweight body and a 450bhp small block but the almost silence in which this car accelerates is very intoxicating. :thumb:

Almost silent acceleration! Definately want to hear the V8 under acceleration.:bannana:

Hi & welcome - nice looking car! Out of interest, what made you change from the Cobra rep?

Well there's always the M113K engined cars should one become bored...:):)

Do you have some pictures of the Cobra?

Hi & welcome - nice looking car! Out of interest, what made you change from the Cobra rep?

Just fancied something I could tour in more. The cobra was a great car but if it rained then no matter how well you thought you'd got the roof on you got wet :wallbash:

Well there's always the M113K engined cars should one become bored...:):)

Do you have some pictures of the Cobra?

Here you are: -

Attachments

• DSC_0356.jpg
    DSC_0356.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0361.jpg
    DSC_0361.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 23
Mmmmm, Cobra.

That looks disgusting! :):)

Users who are viewing this thread