From AMG to Ex-AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c63k

Car
Fire Opal Red C63 Coupe
Hello!

I haven't been active for a long time due to the usual rigours of life, but here I am!

Still thoroughly enjoyed my entire 3 years ownership of what has been an epic car. No, the best car of my life so far. There hasn't been an occasion where I didn't enjoy driving it, from A/B roads to being stuck in traffic. It just didn't matter where or when, it was always an event to be enjoyed.

Which brings me to: I'm back, under sad circumstances - Nothing tragic, other than I'm selling my 2012 C63 Coupe (deets in signature) and chopping it in for a (don't laugh)... gulp... EV. The wife has already changed over and so we're going "full eco" to see what life will be like when spending much less.

My guess is: Probably half the cost, but not half as interesting.

Has anyone else done the same? From AMG to ... Not? Massive regrets and lived to tell the tale? :'(

Send the consolations my way. :eek:

Looks like a decent example and quite low mileage for a 2012! Loving the optional extra's, wish i had the LSD. Good luck with the sale!

Hello!

I haven't been active for a long time due to the usual rigours of life, but here I am!

Still thoroughly enjoyed my entire 3 years ownership of what has been an epic car. No, the best car of my life so far. There hasn't been an occasion where I didn't enjoy driving it, from A/B roads to being stuck in traffic. It just didn't matter where or when, it was always an event to be enjoyed.

Which brings me to: I'm back, under sad circumstances - Nothing tragic, other than I'm selling my 2012 C63 Coupe (deets in signature) and chopping it in for a (don't laugh)... gulp... EV. The wife has already changed over and so we're going "full eco" to see what life will be like when spending much less.

My guess is: Probably half the cost, but not half as interesting.

Has anyone else done the same? From AMG to ... Not? Massive regrets and lived to tell the tale? :'(

Send the consolations my way. :eek:
I went the other way - Renault Zoe -> Skoda Yeti -> C63... Far bigger bills but so much more fun!

Consolation, that is not! :D

Love it though, lol.

Why?

Surely the cost to change makes a joke of the saving in fuel?

We'll all have to drive EVs at some point but I'll be damned if I'm doing it by choice...

Last edited:
No arguments here on "Why!?". I'm the one that wants to keep it. If we're measuring by smiles-per-mile, I think we all know what wins.

The cost to change is less than you'd think, and comes with yearly savings estimated around 4-5k, maybe more. I am not justifying though, it's just a very different lifestyle. :)

I'd love to say that I'm getting a Tesla Model S P100D, but alas, it isn't. Too expensive and no support from dealership network (have you heard of the Tesla graveyard?)

As my rear bumper sticker says on the C 63....Life is too uncertain for a Hybrid.....I cannot imagine going completely electric. It may happen one day but not in my lifetime!!! I wish you luck and enjoy the savings.

Agreed - I'll put the savings in the "AMG GT 4-door Coupé" piggy bank, lol.

Are you on drugs?

It will come us all (V6 and V8 drivers at some time, just not yet....)

V12 drivers, you're exempt as you can obviously afford / are on a different planet anyway.

Not actually, of course. The "lol" bit probably gives it away. I wouldn't discount coming back to an AMG once I get fed up and before they ban-hammer the non-EVs for real. ;)

I've done the same.

My reasons for changing were different to your reasons but I don't regret it at all.

I won't be buying another AMG - or at least not as my main car for the public road!

What did you end up getting John?

I do have some secondary reasons, like I don't do enough miles to really justify it (to the wife anyway), and the wife has never wanted to drive the C63 because it's "ridiculous and overpowered" (always makes me laugh, but was occasionally inconvenient).

What did you end up getting John?

I do have some secondary reasons, like I don't do enough miles to really justify it (to the wife anyway), and the wife has never wanted to drive the C63 because it's "ridiculous and overpowered" (always makes me laugh, but was occasionally inconvenient).

The CL I have now so it was literally my last change of car two years ago.

I had a few reasons actually thinking back.

We all will eventually be electric but we are a way off getting past the "have I got enough charge in the battery" issue. And a V8 does give you that ROAR!!

I’ll swap when Merc produce a competitor for this that Porsche say will be in production by the end of the decade, charges in 15mins and has a 200 mile range, fully electric ;)

View media item 7936

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom