From BMW to Benz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ohmz52

Car
E63S
Hello

Having despised Mercedes-AMG for a number of years and being a loyal M car customer I have finally crossed the bridge and gone for my first ever AMG.

Why? Because BMW customer service is atrocious and due to economies of scale they’ve reduced in price so much that all ever see is M cars on the road.

Tomorrow I pick up an e63s. Not sure if it’s the right choice as people say it’s not for my age group as I’m under 30.
I’m not a fan of the sound of it nor the comfort feeling when sat inside but I feel that it’s got a certain road presence. I have actually never driven one (driven normal e63 only) so not sure how it performs but according to the reviews it should be good.

Anyways, look forward to meeting you guys at any London car meets etc.

See ya

I came from a BMW M5 to a Lexus to a C63, from a V10, to a V8 to another V8. The BMW M5 is quite a car, but the cost of ownership was shocking. the Lexus was completely different but alas the car lacked character and was just not something I was happy owning. The C63 is very different, yes it is properly fast, even when DMS have been busy but I just like the look, noise, how it drives and the interior styling. Will I go back to BMW one day, one day yes but not an M car. Will I have another AMG yes indeed. Another Lexus maybe but again a very different car from the one I had before. We all need a change and I hope that you enjoy the AMG but why a E class? I was temped last year but for the money a C Class is the better car, or a Panamera. When you start spending upwards of £60,000 on a car the choices are vast.

Let's just try to be positive here and welcome a new member into the fold.
I suspect there's a few of us on here who've come from M division to AMG (myself included).
Some stay and others return or go elsewhere.
Personally I don't regret buying AMG in the least. IMHO the "proper" AMG cars are much better daily drives than the M cars, and that includes when pushing hard on the bumpy cr@p road surfaces most of us have to deal with. They also sound a lot better !
The recent M cars are very nice and very efficient/quick, but just a bit dull compared to previous incarnations (again IMHO).

Mercedes customer service is rarely different to any other , take the W176 A Class with it's serious ingress issues caused by rotting rear vent seals behind the bumper .

FIXING WATER IN THE FOOTWELL / BOOT

This can see even a 4 year old car fill up with water .

You even have to bullet proof the fix with a polyurethane sealant to the £10 or so each vents .

Mercedes don't give a monkey's .

Thanks for Luke warm the welcome guys!

Needless to say I am incredibly excited to see what AMG is about. And the reason why I went for it is because I test drove a regular e63 at main dealer few months ago and hated it...but still I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

I also want to experience a different drive feeling and expand my car knowledge by owning an AMG. I agree there are other cheaper options in the AMG range but I like to feel special in these performance cars and when I see so many leased cars within the 30-50k car range (exactly what happened with my last M) I lose the feeling of feeling special. I’m hoping the E class will take me out of that category.

Would a disklok suffice or would you recommend any other security please?

These days security is an absolute must , AMG , Audi RS & S all the time.

Autowatch Ghost is up there .

A chap recently foiled scumbags by having almost everything , cctv , steering wheel lock , good house door and window locks , security light etc .

Posts also good .

They gave up , went around the corner and attempted a car jacking instead !

Anybody recommend a ghost installer in west London please? And how much does it cost?

I never had a ghost on any of my M cars but always disklocked them and blocked the cars in with another car. But reluctant to fork out on one, but don’t want to get robbed either!

Anybody recommend a ghost installer in west London please? And how much does it cost?

I never had a ghost on any of my M cars but always disklocked them and blocked the cars in with another car. But reluctant to fork out on one, but don’t want to get robbed either!
Hello and welcome first of all. Hopefully you will get much motoring joy from the AMG, I know I have.

In regards to security, ghost would be up there as well as a disklok and tracker. Reason being nowadays visual deterrents are key along with the ability to find the car should it be stolen. Also if someone breaks into your house for the keys better to give it to them and barricade yourself in while calling the police rather than get hurt for some metal. If the car is keyless go also get a Faraday pouch.

I cannot recommend a dealer for this in West London, but a search of the forum should yield some results (or hopefully another member can).

In regards to servicing /customer service I recommend using Brooklands as I used to use Watford but either the people I dealt with were idiots and didn't know what they were talking about or they have no idea of customer service. Either way they don't get my custom anymore.

Get on the service plan as well.

Happy motoring and post some pics of the car :)

Anybody recommend a ghost installer in west London please?
Comand at Lightwater (near J3 M3) are well respected in this forum and other members have had Ghost fitted there
Comand

If the car is keyless go also get a Faraday pouch.
You don't necessarily need one of those.
If this is a fairly new E63s, chances are the key disables itself when no movement is detected.
You can also double press the lock button to disable the key if it doesn't have the movement detection.

+1 for Comand at Lightwater. Had mine fitted there in Sept.
£399 and takes around 1.5 hrs.

Since last year I have owned one more BMW than MB, with few exceptions I've loved them all.

Remember, you're not marrying the car, you can sell up anytime you like so just relax and enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom