From BMW to Benz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello

Having despised Mercedes-AMG for a number of years and being a loyal M car customer Why?

Because BMW customer service is atrocious and due to economies of scale they’ve reduced in price so much that all ever see is M cars on the road.

Tomorrow I pick up an e63s. Not sure if it’s the right choice as people say it’s not for my age group as I’m under 30.

I’m not a fan of the sound of it nor the comfort feeling when sat inside but I feel that it’s got a certain road presence.
See ya

I generally thought he would be wasting his time,

1, His never liked them ?
2, He Doesnt like the Sound ? :confused:
3, He doesn't like the Comfort ?
4, Not keen on people saying there not for his age group?
5, Thinks BMW customer service is rubbish

Well most of the post i read Mb's customer service is probably the same as BMW, So if he doesnt like the above points of the car why bother with the hassle of finding a vehicle he doesn't like?

Oh the Welcome was Genuine btw:)

Yeah I agree a fair bit of negativity on here unfortunately, but I guess the internet does have the few keyboard warriors (namely, the A45 drivers with 18 months balance on hire purchase before car goes back to main dealer).

I don’t feel as though I need to say anything in my defence, sitting behind the wheel of a wholly owned proper AMG says enough.

BS aside...Needless to say; we are here because we are passionate about cars, regardless of what cars we have or how we purchase them.

Thanks to the warm welcomes received.

I’m a fully converted AMG fan boy!

sitting behind the wheel of a wholly owned proper AMG says enough

I was the same when I had The E220d AMG Line. Those A45 drivers were Well Jell. :D

glad you’re enjoying ya new rocket. :)

[QUOTE="Ohmz52,

I’m a fully converted AMG fan boy![/QUOTE

Was there ever any doubt.
:rolleyes:;):)

Do you know Stuart the estate agent from over there?

He was here for a while, great entertainment - in a good way.

Stu was great fun here, he dished a fair amount of banter out but was also very good at taking it. :)

@ash59fifty-uk is still in touch with him IIRC.

Stu was great fun here, he dished a fair amount of banter out but was also very good at taking it. :)

@ash59fifty-uk is still in touch with him IIRC.

Met him once at a BOTG GTG when he had his C63. Shame he moved away from the forum when he sold the car. Nice lad.

OP well done for going plant based for Christmas to balance your carbon footprint :)). A Tesla would have been perfect !

The E63s is the wildest super saloon. The new M5 oddly has flipped the script and is more comfortable . A good reason to pick the M5 would be to sacrifice some of the wild side for more comfort. Ofcourse the sound and interior of the E is much better and it is a more torquey boisterous beast. Good choice to try this car. Still these cars are just too big and fast for me. I wouldn't be hugely concerned about warranty issues on the 4 litre V8. It is a masterpiece of an engine , still it has only been in production for 5 years but early signs are it will be solid and you can always extend the manufacturer's warranty in many cases. The facelift c63 is an excellent alternative albeit rwd , slower, but lighter and wilder still and cant put its power down at the best of times makes for a far more entertaining experience IMO

I like to drive slower, smaller and pure rwd cars but can see the allure of 0-60 in 3.3 seconds which is simply mind blowing. I will be looking to swap my lovely e46 m3 for something with 4 doors for practicality as I often take my little one in it . I'm thinking v10 m5 or e55. The e55 is in short supply though so it is likely to be the m5 but that model is plagued with issues but worth a punt with aftermarket warranty.

Enjoy the car and please report back on all your thoughts on it !!
Had an M5 comp for the weekend, bored the crap out of us. No drama at all unless you rip it all the time. It’s like a 520i for 90% of the time. Whereas any AMG is drama all the time.

Had an M5 comp for the weekend, bored the crap out of us. No drama at all unless you rip it all the time. It’s like a 520i for 90% of the time. Whereas any AMG is drama all the time.
That’s surprising to read given the reviews speak highly about it.
I almost bought one myself l, glad I didn’t as they’re crashing hard on prices at the moment

That’s surprising to read given the reviews speak highly about it.
I almost bought one myself l, glad I didn’t as they’re crashing hard on prices at the moment

There's no doubt that the M5 is a very capable (and fast) car, it's just that it's a bit dull to drive unless you're really on it all of the time.
The AMGs can be fiendishly quick too, but they also give more smiles per mile in everyday driving (and are better road cars).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom