From Gallery: Mercboi's Carat Duchalet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

un1l

Car
CLK 230K
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=53150

Just looking at the pics on this post, i am actually contemplating going older rather than newer for my next MB.
The touches that he has made are what i call "CLEAN" with nothing too tacky and still maintains the OEM look.

I was thinking the same thing when i saw the pictures, its a very nice and well looked after car...

Couldn't agree more, very clean looking car, I did chuckle at what appeared to be a carpeted garage though, I've seen tiled garages before, but not carpeted.

That's dedicated;)

Last edited:
The carpeted garage was is an excellent idea, my next house will have a garage and will carpeted, it has been written,

As to going older rather than newer for your next car please be carefull, I had the same idea after seeing Navs SEC at a GTG I thought I could to that, I choose the wrong car as a base and it turned into a money pit, please spend more time looking for the right car and dont get the first thing that comes along, I was carless and made the ultimate mistake and lost more money than I would have liked,

Older cars have problems which younger ones dont, the nail in the coffin for my old SEC was when a solder joint dried out and it left me stranded and took 2 days to find, it then dawned on me that any of the other hundreds of solder joints in other relays could go, so I got rid of it, this is not a problem with newer cars, older ones are a labour of love and not the reliable get me to work to earn my money machine that newer cars are.

Ok so a 126 is older than a 124 (mine was a C plate) but if your planning on keeping it for ages then it will turn into a car which is as old and will then have problems, but then im a contractor and when im not working im not earning so I need reliable transport,

thats my 2p

I also saw an Aston Martin in that same garage :)

I did chuckle at what appeared to be a carpeted garage though, I've seen tiled garages before, but not carpeted.

Think there are a few members here who have carpet down, including me.

The carpeted garage was is an excellent idea, my next house will have a garage and will carpeted, it has been written,

As to going older rather than newer for your next car please be carefull, I had the same idea after seeing Navs SEC at a GTG I thought I could to that, I choose the wrong car as a base and it turned into a money pit, please spend more time looking for the right car and dont get the first thing that comes along, I was carless and made the ultimate mistake and lost more money than I would have liked,

Older cars have problems which younger ones dont, the nail in the coffin for my old SEC was when a solder joint dried out and it left me stranded and took 2 days to find, it then dawned on me that any of the other hundreds of solder joints in other relays could go, so I got rid of it, this is not a problem with newer cars, older ones are a labour of love and not the reliable get me to work to earn my money machine that newer cars are.

Ok so a 126 is older than a 124 (mine was a C plate) but if your planning on keeping it for ages then it will turn into a car which is as old and will then have problems, but then im a contractor and when im not working im not earning so I need reliable transport,

thats my 2p

This is a very valid point, my SEC will never be a daily driver, it's effectively a toy for want of a better description. Although I took the decision early on not to even attempt to rebuild something from a half decent car.

Over the years I've put engines in cars and tinkered with them doing them bit by bit and without fail it's cost me far more money than if I just decided to start from scratch with new. So that's what I decided with the SEC, I'll build a new one and keep just enough from original to legally keep the identity.

I will never recover the money on this car (well unlikely but who knows) but I intend to keep this car indefinitely. So in 15 year time when all that's left are a few very cherished examples it may be worth a bomb...I'm not banking on it though.

W124's like the OP's CE are a more valid proposition for something that will be a daily driver, especially one with the known electrical issues already resolved.

love the paint job; wish mine was as clean. Dont like that spoiler, like the wheels to look at but question whether i personally would like the ride (say this as considering some for mine :rolleyes: ).

Want to ask whether the front spoiler is missing a piece to the right of the drivers side fog light? in the night-time tinted window shot you can see the light spilling through the gap.

all in all a very nice car in better nick than mine so have a banana Mercboiuk :bannana:

Want to ask whether the front spoiler is missing a piece to the right of the drivers side fog light? in the night-time tinted window shot you can see the light spilling through the gap.

It looks like theres a small vent in the bumper :)

It looks like theres a small vent in the bumper :)

so that is 'normal' for this style of spoiler then? Or is it a missing piece? (my 124 has a pull out section here for access to the towing hitch i think)

Saw the gallery pics and must say the car is a beauty. The modifications have been done to good taste and reflect on the cars image. Next mod should be a chrome star airbag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom