Front ARB bushes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigAdy

Car
clk 270cdi
Hi everyone new here need advice on my clk 270cdi needing to change front arb bushes but two people say that its a pain first one said they are to tight and scared to snap them other one said he wouldn't touch it how hard can it be :dk:

Last edited:
That's strange, haven't hear of that before.

Have you tried taking it to two different garages?

also, do you want me to check to see if we have a replacement part for you?

Thanks

Jack

They are simple to do on the W208 but your later model has a different suspension set up. Still, off hand I can't imagine they're really a ''pain'' to replace. As for snapping anything this can usually be avoided with care, patience and plenty of WD40 or similar.

Here's diagram, looks straightforward?

Attachments

• clk_front_suspension_.gif
    clk_front_suspension_.gif
    34.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
BigAdy

I had mine changed a few months ago, however I had bought what I thought were the correct bushes off the internet for my C Class with the intention of doing them myself, but never got around to it, so when I booked it in for a service with my local Indie I asked them to change the bushes at the same time.

To cut a long story short, they were the wrong bushes... no problem... the Indie ordered what he thought were the correct ones. WRONG... they were exactly the same as those I had bought. It turned out that the bushes are no longer available and the complete ARB has to be replaced and comes with the bushes now bonded onto it.

The ARB is circa £65 inc VAT from MB. It took about 20 mins to change and the bolts came out without any problem.

I obviously don't know if the same scenario applies to the CLK, but thought the info may save you some hassle if it's the same. Suggest you check with a Main Dealer to clarify.

Last edited:
BigAdy

I had mine changed a few months ago, however I had bought what I thought were the correct bushes off the internet for my C Class with the intention of doing them myself, but never got around to it, so when I booked it in for a service with my local Indie I asked them to change the bushes at the same time.

To cut a long story short, they were the wrong bushes... no problem... the Indie ordered what he thought were the correct ones. WRONG... they were exactly the same as those I had bought. It turned out that the bushes are no longer available and the complete ARB has to be replaced and comes with the bushes now bonded onto it.

The ARB is circa £65 inc VAT from MB. It took about 20 mins to change and the bolts came out without any problem.

I obviously don't know if the same scenario applies to the CLK, but thought the info may save you some hassle if it's the same. Suggest you check with a Main Dealer to clarify.

They are simple to do on the W208 but your later model has a different suspension set up. Still, off hand I can't imagine they're really a ''pain'' to replace. As for snapping anything this can usually be avoided with care, patience and plenty of WD40 or similar.

Here's diagram, looks straightforward?
Thanks for diagram yeah that's what I thought cant be much to it think I will ask a few more see what they say

BigAdy

Lol that would be my luck I probly have the wrong ones but if push comes to shove don't mind paying that for it :thumb:

Last edited:
Well arb bushes where done today three where a pain to get out and one snapped but all sorted now cheers for the advice everyone :thumb:

Well arb bushes where done today three where a pain to get out and one snapped but all sorted now cheers for the advice everyone :thumb:

Did you do it yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom