front brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cinek

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB W204 , BMW F10, GSXR LZ3
Gents,

What would be the normal cost of replacing front disks and pads on 2013 W204?
Just got quoted £408, which after having a moan at them they took down to £358.

Still seems a bit excessive for font only, doesnt it?

You're looking at about £140 for the parts from ECP. MB are similarly priced, and so the rest would be labour, including bleeding the brakes. They'll probably flush the brake fluid too.

Although even if £100 per hour labour charge, it shouldn't take two hours! I could replace all four of my brakes in 2 hours as a DIY sunday afternoon mechanic!

Oh, I thought as it's suggested to be changed every 2 years that if renewing brakes (which last longer than two years) it'd be flushed as par for the course. :eek:

You're looking at about £140 for the parts from ECP. MB are similarly priced, and so the rest would be labour, including bleeding the brakes. They'll probably flush the brake fluid too.

Although even if £100 per hour labour charge, it shouldn't take two hours! I could replace all four of my brakes in 2 hours as a DIY sunday afternoon mechanic!

Book time is probably something around 2 hours. Don't forget that time has to include everything, including getting the car in and out, the booking, washing, paper work, invoicing etc.

OP, an independant would of course be much cheaper.

Book time is probably something around 2 hours. Don't forget that time has to include everything, including getting the car in and out, the booking, washing, paper work, invoicing etc.

OP, an independant would of course be much cheaper.

Thats cool, but the car went in for the service today (3rd service due to high mileage, but car is under 2 years old).

All the things that you have mentioned, were part of the service anyway, so no extra cost to MB dealership at all.
It was during the service when I got a call and was told front brakes need replacing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom