Front bumper advice needed pls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ianclark1275

Car
C32
Hi all

I have been looking for a replacement bumper for a while now and the options I can see are:

1 £1000 fitted for cks to do inc paint looking at advert

AMG C Class W203 C32 Front bumper AMG C Class W203 C32 Front bumper [A203FB-1] - £889.00 : CKS Performance

2 European copy's in primer

3 original second hand from eBay uk but would need repainting... (£450 with skirts and rear which I don't need)

So do I spend 1k on new one or £450 plus say £250 on getting it painted?

Also

I've just bought a headlight, but need a radiator and a ns wing also

Wing £45 for wing from lads at thriplow Cambridge...
Rad not sure about which one I need..

Many thanks
IC

I think only you can answer the "how much should I spend".

2 thoughts.

1. Is your car worth a £1000 repair? If its worth say £3000 (only saying for the sake of the discussion) then I think £1000 front bumper is not worth it.
2. How much will it be worth after the repair - £500 more with the better repair? If not then I'd go for a cheaper, but more relevant repair.

Thanks

I understand spending more money may make the car worth slightly more, however I'm just interested in what others would do in same situation, your probably right , I'm happy to spend as much as is needed to keep it looking smart and original as pos

IC

How long do you plan to keep the car?

If for 5 years+, I would go for option 1.

If you think you will get bored and fancy a change, go for the cheapest option.

Hi,
Buy the OEM one off of e-bay, flog the side skirts on again, and the money you get from the resale of the skirts and the money you have saved from not buying the CKS one pay the extra and buy a genuine front wing rather than a pattern part (probably cheaper than you think), it will fit properly guaranteed and will not need any fettling like pattern ones all do.

Thanks Andy

I never thought anyone would buy just skirts and rear bumper....but I can hear you

Just been to merc dealer in sheffield

728 for a bumper inc vat

But it comes with nothing, and needs painting

I'm planning on keeping the car forever ;-)

I have 10 cars and do rallycross, and it's one of the best cars I've driven

So I've told my 8yr old daughter that she must look after it and never sell it!

I actually bought it to join the 3 litre club me and my mates have (engine not less than 3l)

I love it.

IC

Mercedes fixed

i got a good secondhand bumper and had it resprayed

attachment.php

IC

Attachments

• IMG_2291.JPG
    IMG_2291.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 41

Users who are viewing this thread

Back