Front bumper dent, cost to fix?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Influent

Car
A Class
:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Don't ask me how but now I have a dent on one side of my front bumper, colour is polar silver as well which is much harder to match I assume.

See image:
http://i.imgur.com/facIgrs.jpg

Whats estimated cost to fix this? I assume i'll need to go with someone who does full repair rather than those "paintless dent removal" companies?

It looks bad but please tell me it isn't that bad :(

Last edited:
Well it is not too bad,I would take it to a proper repair shop,cost well around £300/400 post where you are and maybe a member may have a recommendation.

Only just looked at the picture, I'd be surprised if that didn't need a new bumper.

Cannot see a crack in the bumper, so it could be "warmed out"
Presume there is no frame damage behind (but it has gone in a way....)
The PS will need resetting and calibrating
Its across a corner so blending in shouldn't be an issue to a good sprayer

You'll need to go to body shop though

When I had my first Merc, I asked the MB dealer who they used for small / PDI work and they recommended a local smart repair / paint shop / wheel man who did all their minor jobs from his own premises (but of course can do more)

Used him on the Saab afterwards - just a suggestion

£600 ish I reckon its quite a nasty one
That would be my guess, possibly more if the bumper has to be removed to reshape it.

Be interested to hear what Paint Wagon have to say, then try another body shop and see what they come up with. Good luck. :thumb:

Might be me - but that looks as though 90%+ of that would polish right out, and where it has pushed in doesn't looks cracked (is it broken?).

Unless it was a garage queen/classic etc I'd try a smart repair guy who would probably be able to get it popped back into shape (hair drier!) and remove the black paint sitting on top of your clearcoated polar silver paintwork with a cutting agent (compound polish - 'T-Cut' (G3 etc)

With usual luck it'll probably get knocked in a carpark etc :wallbash: I'd spend the £400/600 on something else :)

Maybe try it yourself one evening - absolutely nothing to lose, you can still take it to a Bodyshop if you're not happy :cool:

Might be me - but that looks as though 90%+ of that would polish right out, and where it has pushed in doesn't looks cracked (is it broken?).

Unless it was a garage queen/classic etc I'd try a smart repair guy who would probably be able to get it popped back into shape (hair drier!) and remove the black paint sitting on top of your clearcoated polar silver paintwork with a cutting agent (compound polish - 'T-Cut' (G3 etc)

With usual luck it'll probably get knocked in a carpark etc :wallbash: I'd spend the £400/600 on something else :)

Maybe try it yourself one evening - absolutely nothing to lose, you can still take it to a Bodyshop if you're not happy :cool:

Indeed I don't see anything actually broken or split off the bumper, I have a quote from someone who does "paint-less dent removal" who said "You could get the shape there but it would never be 100% - £80" from AUTO-DENTS | PAINTLESS DENT REMOVAL | LEICESTERSHIRE

The black paint is from whatever I hit so should come off if done right but not sure what i'll do yet, waiting for Paintwagon who have a ton of good reviews to get back to me.

Last edited:
Paint wagon quoted me region of £200 all included, whilst sounds too good they have a ton of reviews on Facebook as well with photos of their work. I need a wheel fixed from kerb damage too I think I'll get them to do this.

I'll post results if I go ahead!

Paint wagon quoted me region of £200 all included, whilst sounds too good they have a ton of reviews on Facebook as well with photos of their work. I need a wheel fixed from kerb damage too I think I'll get them to do this.

I had another quote come through for £200-250 estimated cost as well, do you guys live in over inflated places!

I had another quote come through for £200-250 estimated cost as well, do you guys live in over inflated places!
Possibly, possibly not.

Crack on and let's see the result :thumb:

Grab that with both hands they have good reviews and are near to you,makes a nonsense of doing it your self or paying £600,but then we do have some very rich posters.

On it, will get this booked in and post back results once finished!

Thanks

As promised lads here is the £200 finish

Before:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Now:

Though I noticed after a bit of overspray on the back plastic behind the bumper, only a little area but can be noticed if you look. What would be best way to remove the overspray on the black plastic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom